1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mel Keiper Jr

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, May 2, 2021.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Humor is lost on some people.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    We haven't seen the new offense yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Some people are only happy if they’re unhappy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    chris morgan is no slouch as an o-line coach either. he just as easily could have been the head guy, so we actually hired two. time will tell.

we can blame chuks for the run game but he held up pretty well in pass protection but i think what is missing about his play was playing out of position at RT and our interior play was sorely lacking. feiler never should have been moved. AV was never a big time run blocker he just had a big body to run around in the passing game. banner going down hurt us. DD has been slowed by the knee injury of two years ago. remember he had surgery on it after the 2019 season and i don't think he was quite rehabbed fully before we had to throw him back in there because we were lacking interior players. pouncey, well we know the story there. so all the blame can't go to okrafor.

even if chuks starts at LT we made a good pick at tackle with moore. his reports have always said he may need a year in the NFL. MAYBE, need a year. the thing that was also being said about him was after that year his ceiling was higher then many of the top guys taken. his ceiling of what he can become was sky high. he's got the size, he's got the length, he moves well, he can play nasty, he has experience at a high level, their line was one of the top in the country. he was part of the reason. people have to let the process take place. we draft for more then just this year.

this line was pretty good with 3 UDFA's starting, the decline came when last year we moved guys from where they played the best into positions they were not good at or familiar with and injuries. everyone is a year more advanced. the guys that were the depth were very young so the year can make a huge difference. we also added some depth with a few years under their belts everyone keeps forgetting. it will be better then last year. the transition has begun. too many thought we would contend in one draft. probably not the right thinking. rebuild, reload, retool, however you want to slice it has to take it's time to progress. these picks have started the process, good or bad. i'm betting good. i agree with a lot of what you are saying. i think by mid season we will see some dividends. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    There are definitely things to be concerned about but certainly there are reasons to be hopeful too. I don’t see it as a foregone conclusion that the Steelers will have the worst OLine in football in 2021, that seems to be the broad narrative in the media. I’d be happy with average, add more talent again in 2022

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    From a Scout who ranked Steelers 20th

Najee Harris is a great prospect, but he's not a generational talent. And he needs to be on that level to produce behind one of the worst run-blocking offensive lines. Though Pittsburgh has earned the benefit of the doubt, picking Harris could soon be seen as a luxury with the Big Ben era winding down.

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    not the same worst run blocking lines that will take the field this year from last though. should we have bad RBs behind the same bad run blocking lines or try to improve both? oh we have thats right. :cool:

8. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I mean you might be a lot higher on Z Banner and JC Hauseneaur than most

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    is jc scheduled to start? really juju? :cool:

10. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I hope not but no guarantee a 3rd rd pick will be either. I know they brought that bum Finny back too that nobody wanted.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i did. he wasn't a bum before he left here but now he is. OK. no pick is a guarantee, 1-7. we had the top line with at least 3 UDFA's starting so isn't a 3rd and 4th or two 3rd's and two 4th's a step up? :cool:

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  13. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Packers drafted center Corey Linsley in the fifth round, and he became an All-Pro player, not every OL needs to be a first round pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I realize any prospect or draft pick has the possibility of working out I’m stating the likelihood of a 3rd or 4th rounder becoming a legit NFL starter are much less than a first or second.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Green will be the starting center by week 1.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s funny :smiley1:

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Is this the good news or the bad news?