1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Martavis - 4 Game Suspension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CanadianSteel, Aug 27, 2015.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I aint cancelling nothing. I already did that 5 or so years ago because cause service representative jerked me around beyond all belief and I had it with them and their stupid "royalty fees" that they blew smoke up my backside trying to explain.

I was going to resubscribe literally today but when the league and the players become a bunch soap opera reality stars it just makes me want to keep my hard earned dollars for spending elsewhere.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Sudafed is now in most places behind the counter I believe due to it's use in making Meth.

This is not good news. But we have the horses to get the job done for 4 games.

And we still have Dri Archer...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    WTF What is it with these guys!

4. steelerdavidismyname

steelerdavidismyname Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

Yeah, especially with MAJOR SCUM like " James Harrison " on the squad!!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I was just getting ready to buy me a MB jersy, guess i'll wait till they give another contract first... "sigh"

6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DANG! This crap reminds me of my cousin saying "it's not that I don't want to work, it's just that I can't pass these friggin tests. I asked him where the hell are you applying? (Keep in mind he didn't even graduate high school)... He says "it's the piss tests bro I can't pass em"

Hahahaha the world is not in short supply of idiots.

Him and Bell are now on the leagues radar... Greatpicks with tons of talent, another episode or 2 away from being wasted picks and irrelevant and really screwing up the one good side of the ball we got.

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    One tweet said after appeal it could get reduced to two games. Not sure why it would get reduced but that's what the tweet said.

8. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Bleacher report is saying weed

9. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    It was his 2nd failed in three months. That's why it is a 4 game suspension.

10. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    if it is weed, can someone explain to me why these idiots cant stay away from it. please don't hand me this stuff about it being harmless and legal. I know its not harmless and the nfl is a business that doesn't allow it. bottom line

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    glad we cut santonio for that chit.:facepalm::cool:

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's what Rapoport is saying.

13. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I hate to say it, but what an idiot. Multiple failed tests? Multiple!?

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i said back then that they shouldn't let the new guys workout with bell.;):cool:

15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Never heard about the first? Something about being told no just doesn't resonate with today's folk

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Tbh this pisses me off more than the Vick signing. what are these guys reading in the locker room.. "High Times"?

17. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I now question the intelligence of some of these folks.

18. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I don't hate to say it. The dude is absolutely a complete moronic idiot.

Football players are high paid professionals. Do they not realize that millions of dollars could disappear from their life in a blink of an eye? Smoke the stuff in the off season. I really don't care. But when the season starts and you have to start peeing in cups, stay away from the stuff. Is it really that hard? Where is the self discipline? Some of these kids are phenomenal athletes but have the IQ of a preschooler. And their foolish behavior hurts the WHOLE team and the fans...not just themselves. Maybe the NFL needs its own version of Scared Straight with Debo himself barking at these idiots until they pee their pants.

Again, where is the self-discipline? I am sick and tired of the young and dumb.

Sigh...

19. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At least now the drafting of Sammie Coates makes more sense. We get boneheads like this once in a while.... Tim Worley, Eric Green, Santonio. They have the world at their feet but decide to screw it up.

20. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    3 failed tests in 12 or so months. I think we would be lucky if this guy sees the field again since he will be banned for a year (actually 10 games, I think) on the next one. Too bad.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  21. SteelerJJ

Oct 16, 2011
    I did a little research:

Bryant was suspended at Clemson for a 'throat-slashing' celebration incident and missed a bowl game for failing to meet academic requirements. The immaturity signs were there.

22. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    That's true. He was an idiot while there at times but he also was a kid who tried alot. I know he worked hard on his studies with tudors. He was a product in high school of if u can play ball u pass. He was always polite and done some things in community

23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I can not express strongly enough how absolutely sick I am of these stupid idiots. Get your heads out of your selfish butts and man up and play football. Good grief. Whether they think it's "no big deal" or not is irrelevant. It's against the rules and when you sign that contract you are saying that you will abide by the rules. These entitled babies that want to have their cake and eat it too need to go the way of the dinosaur and quick. The rules apply to everybody. This guy is such a moron that he watches his teammate get busted last year and then turns around and does the same thing this year. The ignorance that goes in to this is astounding. As Tomlin would say, "No excuses! No explanations!" I'm about to lose my religion on these dunces and Tomlin and Colbert need to get called to the carpet on this crap too. Get a hold of your people and let them know who's boss. Enough is enough of this crap. If you wanna be a Steeler then go play football but if you wanna be a loser then just go back to the ghetto and throw your life away for your own self indulgence. I have no mercy or compassion for people that self inflict their wounds. Get a grip and grow up and be a man.

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    From that tweet, they already knew it was coming. I don't feel sorry for these guys. They know when the tests are and still get caught. The military deals with random tests for much less than they make and somehow these kids manage to not smoke and do their jobs! Yes, there are some that either do it and squeak by or get caught, but this isn't for the amount of money these guys are pissing away.

*Edit* He's also putting everything he's done for charity on the line. This is a remarkable opportunity for him to use his position to help people.

Coates seems far ahead of him in that area.

25. SteelerJJ

Oct 16, 2011
    I remember the Army tests well. There was always at least one knucklehead that thought somehow he wouldn't get caught.