1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like Cleveland going all in this season !

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by kicker_twentyone, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What kind of banner does that rate?

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Had 2 say something.
    You think the Saints will suffer without Brees. Saints are like 9-1(if memory serves right)in the last 2 years without him.. He's been done. He hasn't been able 2 throw down field for about 3 and a half years. You say this about him(the Saints will suffer without him),yet you think Ben's done?

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I wish your last line was possible but our culture is nowhere in line for us to think this way. Too many jokesters, pranksters, goof balls, etc, everything except what past Steelers that had that attitude like Lambert who would do just what you'd like them/ we'd want them to do. Who on this team comes closest to those Steeler legends that other teams fear? Crickets.....

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    No. I think a healthy Kansas city is the best team in the nfl. I don't think the bucs beat them with Eric fisher and Schwartz playing.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe....IMO. Haden, Bush, Tuitt, Watt, Ben , JuJu, Decastro, and Heyward just 2 name a few. All I know is when it was Full strength against Full strength....it wasn't even a game, and I believe because how easy we beat them the 1st time and barely losing 2 them (with back ups) the second...they went into that Playoff game with a big head.
    While Browns were like ....damn we have 2 bring it...knowing the same that had previously happened.
    It happens.

6. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I'm worried....Ben is coming back, and he'll suck! And apparently you guys are young. The Browns have a very strong history of winning. The NFL didn't start 25 years ago! The 60's - 80's the Browns were a top NFL team every year! They have EIGHT NFL Championships. Just because it wasn't called the Super Bowl back then doesn't matter to me. Most Steeler fans I know are living on the Super Bowl rings, but those were whole other times and teams! That's history, guys! Right now, Ben is old, washed up, and sucks, we have no RB to speak of, and our defense is terrible. Take off the rose colored glasses and open your eyes! The Steelers are in terrible shape right now.

7. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Nothing lasts forever. I remember everyones panties on this site being in a bunch cause of Juju not taking them serious. Seems like there is a lot of Hypocrites on this forum. Its Fun to joke around that the browns are the browns and we will always have their number. But to say that as anything more than a joke anymore is just foolish. They are trending up and as much as i love my steelers i would not put money on them against the browns currently. The browns are making good moves and the steelers are not capable of making any moves right now (bad or good, LOL).

Your a thousand percent right that they don't give out rings for winning just one more game. But they did have a playoff win and we did not. they were closer to a ring than we were. And as usual against us a playoff team looked prepared and more hungry for it than we did.

Just for the record none of this makes me happy to say. Its painful to admit that the Browns (and for the most part the division) is looking like they are better than we are going to be. What sucks even worse is it may be that way for a little while.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think most of us here are well aware of the Browns history, it was a fierce rivalry back in the day, the dog pound and all that but the fact is the Browns have sucked for nearly 30 years. Let’s see them be relevant for a period of time before swooning over them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I get they won when it matters most, and thus get the recognition that comes with that. I mean, I'd trade a better regular season record for a hot run at the end of the year that finishes with a victory any day. And if we look back at 2005, no way am I admitting the Bengals were the better team just because they won the division after the Steelers then beat them in the Wild Card and ran the table through the SB. That season was also a good example of a team that got hot at a good time - Pittsburgh was sitting 7-5 at the end of a three-game losing streak before running off their final seven games in a row.

That all said I think there are occasions one could debate who actually the better overall team was despite them not being the best on a particular day. But with victory comes the spoils, and that includes bragging rights.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Ben should have retired after his injury and not even come back last year. Just because the Ben of 2010 was great, doesn't mean the Ben of 2021 is going to be. The Ben of today is no Tom Brady. He's done, washed up, a has been, overall a terrible quarterback. The only people happier than some Steeler fans that Ben is coming back is the rest of the AFC North. LOL the entire AFC North is better than the Steelers. Cincinnati, Baltimore, and yes Cleveland, is better than the Steelers. That is just the honest truth. Steeler fans are extremely loyal but come on guys we're in bad shape here. We are not the Steelers team that we were in the past. It's rebuilding time and it's going to take a few years of being down.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  11. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I would argue Green Bay is a better team, but unless you're wearing green and gold that theory would go over like a lead balloon given they lost to the Bucs in both the regular season and playoffs. They had a truly abysmal playoff performance. And Tomlin thought he had bad days.

12. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I don't think there are many Steeler fans elated at Ben coming back. They know he's no longer the player he once was. Your take is, IMHO, a bit overly negative and probably based upon a comparison against his 2010 self. While his play down the stretch was not something I care to see again, it's hard for me to call a QB with 33/10 TD/INT, 65% completion, and 94% rating terrible. Though I also don't think he's as good as those number might suggest either.

Any timeline you want to apply to a rebuild hinges on the next two drafts and next season's free agency period. It's certainly possible for them to transition on the fly and not have to experience years of being down. It's just going to take some savvy decisions the next year or so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I agree with your last statement. Like I believe the chiefs were better than the bucs at full strength but the bucs caught them when their 2 most important lineman were out and they had a hellacious pass rush.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Forgot about GB, fair argument.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Still disappointed in Aaron. He had every ample opportunity to take the game over in the 2nd half and didn't cash in.

16. SteelersBane

SteelersBane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2020
    I have to agree with this take.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He needs better receivers, Lazard and those other guys, just aren’t that good.

He has Adams, that’s it.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmm. Not Wins ,or stats back up what you just said.

19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Our Defense is terrible? Agree with the other stuff but C'mon!

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Seems 2 be his calling card.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not calling you out, but why is it people will Stick up for A. Rodgers, Dak, Watson, and Brees when he played if you say their really not that great...they will automatically bring out number, and stats, but if you do the Same with Ben.....well it really doesn't show, or mean anything.
    LoL.
    It's just funny that other teams QBs will get more excuses than a Steelers fans own Qb.

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I think...People are just frustrated with the underachieving, and 3 playoff wins in 10 years.. I know I am

• Like Like x 2
  23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    And what do they get for winning one game in the playoffs? Zilch nadda. Both outcomes are pretty insignificant but honestly I think winning the division deserves nore recognition.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I get where you're coming from. Part of the reason i posted the stats was to provide optics for the die-hards (myself included) that watch every snap and occasionally get overly caught up with one or the other. The offense looked terrible the second part of the season. While Ben certainly isn't 28 anymore, I don't think the sole fault lies with him. Over the first half of the season the offense had a nice mix that kept defenses on their heels. There are player improvements to be made, sure; but I also think scheme played a part.

• Like Like x 1
  25. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Good take here. Everyone wants to hand the browns the division. They aren't the AFC North champs until they are. As rotten as the Steelers played in that game, they damn near pulled it out. Cleveland will find out in the next three years that it's much easier to assemble a good team than it is to keep one together.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1