1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Long Time Chiefs Fan Here...

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by SeaofRed90, Jan 8, 2017.

1. SeaofRed90

SeaofRed90 New Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Long time Chiefs fan here, I have to say you guys looked impressive in the annahilation of the Fins. However, they were never expected to stop your high powered offense (could only try to contain it). The killer Bs had a day today and we are in for a hard fought bloody battle next week.

All of us chiefs fans wanted a fins win so we could play the lowly Texans but, I wanted the hardest road possible to the Super Bowl. In order to be the best you have to beat the best.

I think we match up very well to your passing offense. We have a +16 turnover differential (31 takeaways) this year tied tops in the NFL and we all know Ben is a gunslinger who loves to force the ball in tight windows. We play more man to man than any other team and our own Marcus Peters has been able to shut down one side of the field but, It's very difficult to shut down Brown so he has some work to do. Terrance Mitchell (6th CB) has been a pleasant surprise for these last 5 weeks. Actually, he's been the 3rd best corner in the league during that time. Eric Berry is Eric Berry. Daniel Sorensen (AKA Dirty Dan) has been around the football all year long and has been our X-factor on defense.We have one of the most dynamic pass rushers in the league in Ford, Hali, Houston and the rookie Chris Jones (#3 DT according to PFF). We know we dont have the best ranked run defense so Bell is gonna get his especially since DJ went down. I think we have an edge on offense against your Defense. With Hill, Kelce, and Maclin we are more dynamic in the passing game than in years past. Alex is Alex, he's capable of big games when needed most (rare but can happen). Smith is gonna need to run more this game to open up the passing attack. Ware also is capable of going beast mode. We need to click on all cylinders on offense, we are the king of screens and flat passes. Shazier and Mitchell are probably gonna bracket Kelce leaving Hill and Maclin 1-on-1. Those are matchups we can exploit giving the pre snap movement. However, it all comes back to how Reid calls the game.

Big Ben is 5-1 against us, Andy Reid is 19-2 coming out of a bye including playoffs, and Steelers are 4-6 in Arrowhead. It's gonna be a battle and I can't wait. Good luck to you guys.

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  3. Griswald

Griswald Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Please see my friendly competition thread.

;)

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude I'll tell you this. I have the utmost respect and admiration for your franchise. I've always said if I was gonna be a fan of any team not named Steelers then it would definitely be Kansas City. A lot of legends have been through there and you have a great stadium. Also your franchise is really important to history of the league in general. Derrick Thomas was a straight up beast. Dante Hall was fun to watch. Priest Holmes was also cool. I also remember when Joe Montana and Marcus Allen played there and of course Tony Gonzalez is a future Hall of Famer. Actually if you guys beat us I'm pulling for KC all the way. Still hoping you guys lose though. LOL! I'm sure you understand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    we will beat kc.

lol jk i dont know, im not too confident