1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le'Veon Bell Reunion?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, May 14, 2021.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    We see eye to eye on most things, but not this one.

I can't stand Bell the person. But Bell the running back was one of the best I have ever watched.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is comical. He was among the top two or three running backs in the NFL, maybe even the best for a brief time.

Williams had one great game and one good one to start the 2016 season and somehow that means Bell wasn't an elite back? :facepalm:

The bit about producing when it mattered is even more ridiculous. Remember him powering his way into the end zone when Tomlin nearly gave a game away against the Chargers? He had two dominant performances in the 2016 playoffs before getting hurt. He made a spectacular touchdown catch on a fourth-down play to help the Steelers stay alive in the playoff game against Jacksonville. Those are just a few times he produced when the Steelers needed it.

As I said, it really is comical how desperate some people here are to avoid admitting just how good Bell was before he turned his back on the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Wasn't his yards from scrimmage per game played like the highest in history through 2016 or 2017?

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He was elite, he could rush for 1,300 yards and catch 80 passes, he also had big games in the playoffs against Miami, and Kansas City.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Everyone has their own opinion.
    Yours was, he was.
    Mine was ,he was not.
    Its Cool.
    :thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And it really comical how You defend him with a handful of plays and meaningless stats IMO.
    So...there you go

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's cool :thumbs_up:
    I can give you 10 that I have watched that I thought were better. 2 who played for the Steelers.
    We don't have 2 agree with everything

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wasn't Abs about the same time???
    Also if You , I , or whoever run , catch, or whatever for 200 yards a game ,but I don't do it consistently when needed.
    What's it matter???
    That's why I freaking hate stats.
    I'm mean for instance Ben threw for over 30 tds and only 10 picks , but 2 everyone hes done , because it's not when we need it.
    Why then is it different for anyone else :shrug:?
    Who cares if I ran 4 two hundred yards if every 3 down I got stuffed, or the game I was need I could only catch for yards when they needed rushing yards

9. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Is Christian McCaffrey elite?

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's a loaded question. Are we talking Christian McCaffrey football player or are we talking Christian McCaffrey running back for the Carolina Panthers? You put McCaffrey on the Chiefs roster he becomes an elite scoring back, part of a three headed monster that put up huge numbers. McCaffrey on the Ravens from 2 years ago when they had one of the best rushing attacks in the league with multiple te sets, heavy motion on the OL opening up cut back lanes, he is leading the league in yards and scoring. On Carolina he is getting abused and used up before his time to shine. He may be elite but we may never get to see it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not yet. Not 2 me.
    He had an elite year, but IMO.....remember MO....it takes more than one or 2 years 2 make a player elite.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Apparently, your definition of a meaningless statistic is one that proves you wrong. We are all entitled to our opinions, so you are certainly entitled to be wrong.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Damn silly statistics proving you wrong all the time! How dare they!?

14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Add Andy Reid to the list of HCs Bell will never play for again;

Le’Veon Bell: I’ll never play for Andy Reid again, I’d retire first

Michael David Smith

Sat, June 12, 2021, 5:57 PM·1 min read

Andy Reid

Le'Veon Bell apparently did not enjoy his brief tenure with the Chiefs.

Bell, who signed with the Chiefs in Week Six last year, played sparingly for them during the regular season and didn’t play at all in the Super Bowl, wrote in an Instagram comment that he will never play for Chiefs head coach Andy Reid again.

“I’ll never play for Andy Reid again,” Bell wrote. “I’d retire first.”

Bell’s comments came on, of all things, an Instagram post about someone spending $700 at McDonald’s. Bell posted a comment about the post, and then several people who thought it was interesting that a well-known NFL player was posting in the comments using his verified Instagram account started asking him questions.

It’s unclear what Bell has against Reid, but Bell does claim he will keep playing in the NFL. At this point, it may be tough for Bell to find any coach who would want him. Reid surely wouldn’t.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Exactly as I thought. Bell apparently had issues with Andy Reid as well. But hey, its everyone else who has the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So, is it Bell's fault for being who he is or Reid's fault for not knowing what he was getting? Or both. I think I know but don't really know as I haven't followed this train wreck very closely. Is this surprising anyone? Why would this thread exist? When is the Bills game starting?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    1:00

• Like Like x 1
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah. I will take the blame for keeping the thread going this time.

This guy is beyond delusional at this point. Something tells me Andy Reid would also rather retire than coach Leveon Bell again.

• Like Like x 3
  19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Somehow I think Andy Reid will survive without the Amazing Lev Bell.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Bell would only have a negative impact on Harris not the other way around. Dig up old posts when Bell was signing his Jet's contract and most here saw what happened as what was going to happen.
    I broke down the numbers and all the Steelers did offer him actually more than the Jets with only slightly less guaranteed.

Add to this the franchise dollar amount he would have made if he didn't hold out.

Bell has to be regretting his decision, and while he was a great back while here the boat has sailed.

Don't touch Bell with a ten foot pole even as a backup

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You can’t fix stupid. Bell earned less money and respect from his talent than he should have.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I still believe he believed the hype 2 much.
    He actually thought our Offense was only good because of himself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I hope he has no choice but to sign for some POS team.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bell not wanting to play has worked out great for the kid. :goofy:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    As badly as Bell has bungled his career, if he's in shape and we lose Najee in camp to a serious injury, I hope they have him on speed dial. They aren't remaking the offense with Benny Snell as the feature back.

• Disagree Disagree x 2