1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le'Veon Bell Reunion?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, May 14, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm good with Snell, Ballage, and McFarland being the backups.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. 34!

34! Member

May 12, 2021
    He's not good anymore. We already have a bunch of stiffs at RB aside from Harris. Hard pass.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe he is currently an unemployed non productive member of society?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Mine is about the the same.

What were we talking about????

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This would be like using my wimpy left as the number two punch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Which reminded me to waddle over to the fridge..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    You're welcome my man!

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    You want to add $$$Bell$$$ to recontaminate the locker room?? ...he is more dedicated to rap music than football. No room for him when we already know Harris will be the #1, McFarland will be the #2, Snell will be the #3 ....Samuels, Ballage, & Edmunds will get cut

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Besides the first three you mention and Derek Watt at FB, they'll likely keep four backs, probably Samuels. They like him, he's cheap, he doesn't complain and does everything they ask of him. I think either Edmunds or Ballage would have to really impress through camp and pre season for Samuels not to make the roster. But, yeah.......Bell's got a better chance finding a leprechaun with a pot of goal whilst riding a unicorn that he has of ever playing for the Steelers again.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Common sense is not common on here a lot of the times. A lot of stuff is seen through black and gold sunglasses on here and that's it. It was a waste of time even trying to explain it to them....that being said I'm not sure he loves the game enough anymore to be of any value at this point.

I still think it was a slap in the face AND an INSULT the fully guaranteed money they offered him. I still contend the 70 was a underplay for the overplay. They could have just gave anywhere from 52 -60 over 5 and fully guaranteed 33 and i bet he would have taken it because i still think his motivation was the fully guaranteed money. People will get on here and say no, because he wanted to be the highest paid rb ever.....so they could have incentivized the difference. If he wants to be a $17 mil dollar man make him earn it with HOF numbers like he did in his first 3 seasons otherwise the org has fulfilled their obligation to him. I was one of his biggest supporters and I wouldn't just give him 17 mil. Another person will probably say he had two strikes against him....then make the contract voidable for conduct detrimental to the team.

He didn't make any worse mistakes then Roethlisberger did early in his career and they still paid him big bucks and kept him around and gifted him pretty generous bonuses. I just have a hard time believing enough was done to get the deal done and at the end of the day neither side won as far as I'm concerned.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I must try this new technique on hot days. Thanks.

Why does this thread still exist?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If you have a memory like an elephant, you da man.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Goddammit, where'd you hide the camera?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I don't hate the idea, but would prefer a guy with some tread on his tires and no baggage history in Pittsburgh. The DWill signing a few years ago was a stroke of genius.

They simply can't go into 2021 with Snell and Ballage as the backup plan to a run-heavy offense.

16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    First off, you are the last person that should comment on common sense. Whatever sense you are using sure ain't common.

Second, it sure seems to me that you're the one who could use to have a few things "explained" to you. After this post, and after all the Kaepernick nonsense you posted, I'm really not sure you understand how the whole employment thing works.

Let me break it down for you as easily as possible.

When you act like an a$$hole, no one is going to want to pay you to work for them.

This rule applies to Kaepernick and Bell, the same as it does to a Walmart greeter who curses out an old woman, or a CEO who sends dick pics to his secretary. When you make an ass of yourself on a consistent basis, whatever form of employment you have won't last very long.

Kaepernick's play on the field declined rapidly after Harbaugh left. He could have devoted his time to working on his game in order to extend his career. Did he???? Hell no he didn't. What he did was turn the National anthem into a circus side show attraction. Yeah. People didnt like that very much. Guess what? No one is going to hire you to play football now. That's not blackballing. That's just common sense.

Leveon Bell's antics go back to long before his multiple contract disputes. How about smoking weed with Blount? How about the multiple times he was caught on camera smoking? How about being filmed at strip clubs rubbing down fat women? How about missing practices before playoff games in back to back seasons. The Steelers made Bell the best offer he had. Bell turned it down. He passed up an insane amount of money to play for one season, and then took the best offer he could get from the Jets. Once he got paid he quit on the team. Then he goes to the Cheifs and can't make it work their either. Guess what? Now no one wants to pay him money to work for them. That's not blackballing. That's common sense.

These players that you come on here, trying to make a case for a garbage human beings. They are, and were terrible teammates. They are not any better in their personal lives. I do not feel bad that they lost their opportunities do to their own misconduct. What I do feel bad for, is that when they get older, and reflective, they are going to live a life filled with regret over what could have been.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He circumvented the rules. He’s a POS

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The day before the HOF game we should announce the "dumbest post of the offseason" award.

I hereby nominate this post for that title.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    1) First of all why are you bringing up Kaepernick in a Bell post? What does one have to do with the other? How about stay on topic for once?? You've clearly been waiting for me to post so you could take your shot. Once again you blew it by typing off of emotion rather than reality as I'm about to prove to you. It's alright to disagree, but why make everything personal? You want to make this thread go south because you cant separate one thing from another??

2) "When you act like an a$$hole, no one is going to want to pay you to work for them."

It's well documented Ben had been warned several times prior to his motorcycle accident in 2006 that he could possibly be jeopardizing portions of his contract. Not only does he continue to ride prior to his accident, but he continues to do so without a license and without a helmet.

Ben then goes on two have two sexual assault allegations brought against him (ultimately resulting in a six game suspension reduced to four) both of which happened later in his career then any of the things Bell was involved in earlier in his career. Remember Ben was drafted in 2004. These incidents took place in 2008 and 2010. Would you say multiple sexual assault allegations are far more alarming then being caught smoking weed???

Does this not contradict your statement that I pointed out? If it doesnt ask yourself is Roethlisberger playing today and if so who does he play for??

In addition, why would the Steelers offer someone 70 mil to play for them when according to you he was an a-hole??

3) "These players that you come on here, trying to make a case for a garbage human beings. They are, and were terrible teammates. "

Need I mention the countless number of times Ben has called out his teammates on the carpet and threw them under the bus before the National media??...one such time with AB probably the most consistent of all Steelers at his position. Of all the things you can say concerning ABs character one thing you cant say is that he didnt strive to be the best and know his role on the field.

if you can find one instance anywhere on the internet or social media where a teammate of Bell or Kaep claimed they were a terrible teammate on the field, off the field, or locker room I'll leave this board forever....NO QUESTIONS ASKED. I dont care when it was stated, who it was stated by, or how long it takes you. I dont care how you get the information. Just get it. That goes for anybody else on here...not just you.

Not to mention...you dont know anything about Kaep personally concerning his workout regimen to say what type of work he has put in as a QB to get better so why make a statement like that?? If you have proof of Kaep not doing anything to improve himself as a QB i'm asking for you to share it.

You've clearly disregarded his philanthropy and the number of charities he sponsors but that's not good enough for Almighty God himself regardless of the fact he has no criminal record, nothing that is remotely close to any wrong doing that warranted him being put under a microscope in either his youth, college, or pro career. Same with Bell. If the worst he ever did was walk into a strip club and smoke weed from time to time I guess hes still unfit as a human being according to you.

3) I wont go into a conversation where Bell and blackballing are used in the same sentence because once again one doesnt have anything to with the other so why bring it up?? No one is making an argument about Bell being blackballed. ...its a another senseless unfounded argument you're making for what reason??

I cant tell you how many factual errors you made in your spiel but you're going to have a hard enough time explaining the two I've brought up which u wont. You are the epitome of what this board is: People who judge without perspective and once again my point is proven.

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    glued up.jpe

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He told his teammates he would report and didn’t. That’s bailing.

SteelReal, dial it back on the insults.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    He was entitled to change his mind. As much as people make the statement they understand it's about business they sure dont act like it.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He lied and as you pointed out in your last post, there are plenty of other reasons not to sign him now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You tell me to stay on topic, and then go on a 6 paragraph rant about Ben Roethlisberger. :lolol:

Your opinions are your opinions. Its clear nobody is going to change them. I'm fine with that. What I am not fine with is you disrespecting every other member if the board in your posts, which you do repeatedly.

As for the bad teammate thing, I have been around more locker rooms as a player, and a coach in multiple sports, than you can imagine. I have been around all sorts of players and personally types. I know exactly who these guys are.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    If I have to explain to you why BR was brought up then you've clearly made my case and point and I dont care how many locker rooms you've been in. You've never been in a locker room with Bell or Kaep so your point is moot.