1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk Broncos

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Nov 19, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Phew what a wild one that was lol. Let's all admit we all truly thought we were done, don't lie to save face :D

"Barely beating a team" especially in that nature does not reflect the team as a whole, rather overcoming adversity like we did shows championship caliber integrity. STEELERS DO NOT PLAY WELL IN FLORIDA, nor match up well with Jags. Glad they are dead. Anyways, Broncos.

Ben is 3-5 lifetime at Denver with 1 playoff win and 2 losses. 99.8 Career rating.

PLAYER STATS:

Ben.jpg

Big Ben The Goat Roethlisberger:
    3202 yards, 23 Td's 10 int. NFL Rank: 2

Case.png

Case Keenum:

2605 yards, 11 Td's 10 int. NFL Rank: 13

conner_bell.jpg

Le... James Conner

796 yards, 10 td's NFL Rank: 3

philip.png

Who the hell is this guy? lol

670 yards, 5td's NFL Rank: 8

juju.jpg

JuJu Smith-Schuster

866 yards, 3 td's NFL Rank: 9

175px-Emmanuel_Sanders.JPG

Emmanuel Sanders

763 yards, 4 td's. NFL Rank: 17

TEAM STATS:

Pittsburgh Offense:
    PPG: Rank 4
    YPG: Rank 5
    Rush Offense: Rank 26
    Pass Offense: Rank 3

Denver Offense:
    PPG: Rank 19

YPG: Rank 11

Rush Offense: Rank 8
    Pass Offense: Rank 15

Pittsburgh Defense:
    PPG: Rank 10
    YPG: Rank 6
    Sacks: Rank 1
    Rush Defense: Rank 9
    Pass Defense: Rank 7

Denver Defense:
    PPG: Rank 14
    YPG: Rank 22
    Sacks: Rank 6
    Rush Defense: Rank 27
    Pass Defense: Rank 19

Interesting tidbits: Steelers only team with top 5 offense AND top 10 defense. Steelers have averaged only about 17 ppg given up in this winning streak.

Keys to game:

Run the ball and stop the run. Their run defense sucks and their run game is their strength. They have a good pass rush too and need to keep ben upright and not force the game on his shoulders again.

Going to be optimistic and say we win again, low scoring lol.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Who knew DHB was having such a good season.

I don't expect Denver to have as much success running against us as Jax did. Really the biggest obstacle this game I see is playing at Mile High. Playing at that altitude can be challenging when you aren't used to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Stats smats ,mean nothing .They just beat LA

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Stopping Phillip Lindsay will be the key in this game again to slowing down this Broncos offense which isn’t that good. I don’t see Case Keenum being able to do much throwing the ball against the Steelers. I expect Conner to be able to run the ball a lot better then he did against the Jags and for Ben to be better overall this entire game. It’s never easy playing in Denver with the altitude and it being a tough place to play overall but I still like the Steelers to win this game something like 28-17.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    they really don't but just trying to make my "lets talk" more colorful lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Jags did have good results initially running but with adjustments at half they were able to make fournette almost insignificant.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    spread the ball around and don't lock on to AB and we do a much better job as an offense. use our weapons and keep their O off the field. we can not let our defense stay on the field all the time at altitude. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    was just thinking this. Focusing on AB is where the trouble begins. HE REALLY needs to chill out on the sidelines, or if that's on Ben then he needs to stop force feeding him lol. Offense is deadly as hell with Brown as a decoy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Think this should be an easier game than Jacksonville.. But it could be tough given the tough hard fought game the Steelers just went through but I say a 27-16 win regardless. Can not lose this game or the game in Oakland

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    and don't forget.....Ryan Clark won't be playing or making the trip due to his Sickle cell trait.......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They're just Yonkos!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben not forcing the ball is the difference between scoring 17 points and 30 points. This isn't a true stat, so don't go google it. I'm just illustrating my point. I think the defense is finally "what you see is what you get."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Take care of the football in this one. Rivers had several picks yesterday. One got returned by Miller a long way. Their defense isn't what it was, but it's still pretty good. Von Miller is a beast, and he has played well against us in past games. Need to get Conner reestablished early on, that didn't happen yesterday and needs to happen to beat a team like Denver. Also Lindsey looks to be a good running back for them. He is kind of unknown in the league, but he made lots of big plays for them yesterday against the Chargers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We will "Orange Crush" them.....they suck.

Now in reality....score early make them 1 dimensional
    Score early make us multi dimensional. When our run and pass are both options we are difficult to stop.
    Like others have said keep our D off the field. I'm actually glad they got a big win against a division opponent.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I think a general key is that Ben has to be intelligent/unselfish early in the game. Especially if we have trouble establishing the run, he needs to take what the Broncos give and set up the run with successful passing.

Throwing accurately wouldn’t hurt, either.

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    The good thing is I bet Denver spent themselves in that must win division game. If, and this is a big if, if our offense is running smooth again we should win fairly easily IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Steelers are 3.5 favorites in Denver on Sunday. That is a good bet. I'm on board.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Too bad that other running back we use to have is not on the team anymore, he would have loved the legal weed out there.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    They are nearly a mirror image of the jags..... they're not very far removed from the defense that carried them to the superbowl...... yes, they are a bit weaker against the run but are still strong and have qb issues and a strong running game.....
    They've always had trouble covering good te's so Vance and jj may come up big here.
    We should pull this one out with less drama this time around

20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Division opponent. All division teams play each other the toughest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Be patient, and don't be one dimensional. Denver still has a potent defense. Take what the defense gives you and don't force anything. As long as they do not beat themselves, the Steelers will win this game. Steelers 27 Broncos 20

• Like Like x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Classic

• Like Like x 3
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Keenum is trash, But so was Bortles...Don't know much about Denvers OL, But although Lindsey is fast, He's no Fournette

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  24. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    So funny to laugh at somebody who got shot in the butt. Funny as long as it is not you, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The chargers should have won that game, 2 picks by rivers was the difference in that game, keenum didnt have any TDs in that game their running yards were pedestrian, miller only had 1 tackle and 1 pick, the chargers were the better team stat wise, division rival games usually come down to close contests but in this game the chargers should have easily won with the better passing game rushing yards pretty much even, and a lot better receiver corp.....