1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Keith Butler

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Dec 10, 2021.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Lol you liked bradshaw12 comment, yet it completely supports what I said and the opposite of what you're saying. Bend don't break can't be played every single time. And I'm tired of this if Ryan Clark played we don't lose to Tebow nonsense. We still lose because the gameplan sucked. Losing to Tebow is always gonna be the worst.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I may have liked the wrong post, but I still believe if Our starting Safeties both are there instead of just one We Win, or forsure Tebow doesn't get that Game winning Td in overtime.
    You are allowed 2 believe what You want, and I the same. That's what makes it a fun debate. LoL.
    In the end....We just want the Steelers 2 Win:thumbs_up:

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I hope you are not saying he is still working with a watered down version of what he inherited because WTF has he been doing for 15 years making millions and still using a watered-down version of anything? If that is not what you are saying, disregard.

4. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I would think watching us play defense lately would refute that. JMO>

5. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Wow! You missed it entirely. Players are not interchangeable. You said they should change the scheme. As if it’s that simple when nothing could be further from the truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We wouldn’t have lost

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    or if leglue was playing. :smiley1::cool:

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Clark playing would have given them a better chance for sure but who knows if it would have been enough. I tend to think it would have.

NFL Network was just replaying that game and people can make in fun of Tebow all they want but he played out of his mind that game. Throwing dimes and even his wounded ducks were finding the mark. They dared him to beat them and he did.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This is 100% false . Your memory of DL’s career is blurry. Your suggestion that QB’s are better now is laughable. The rules were changed to help offenses deal with DL’s defenses. You forgot that part.

you also completely disregard the offenses role in winning. When we played the cheatriots I guess I missed the part were we kept NE off the field with long scoring drives and controlling the clock. Many of DL’s teams has terrible offenses that did his unit no favors. Its a team sport.

Saying he sucks because Brady killed us is ridiculous. Brady killed everyone. They also cheated for most of those years. They have not been anywhere near as dominant since the league busted them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Wrong. The Steelers lost to inferior opponents that season with Ryan Clark, there's no reason to suggest that was gonna change.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    But we are talking about just that game.
    You honestly don't believe that the pass they won with where there was no safety Help over the top(because we were starting a safety that hadn't started), our starting Safety wouldn't have helped?????
    We may have lost the game, but We dang sure wouldn't have on that play. JMHO

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Who knows I guess we can all play the what if game. But there's the angle of if the defense played better during that season, they wouldn't have had to go to Denver for a wildcard game. That season they lost games they were favored in like in recent years.

13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Mundy blew his assignment that’s for damn sure. Inverted zone, mundy was supposed to fake a blitz and drop back into coverage. Had he done his job Thomas is double covered. Ike overtop and Mundy underneath. Of course mundy blew his assignment and the rest is history.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    What it comes down to is that DL defense would work well when every player was perfect for the position which is a lot to ask for. But obviously that's never realistic because there are always injuries and salary cap etc. A master DC would find ways to adjust to that, but here it's "next man up" which is nonsense to think backup players can just come in and not lose a step. I mean **** Belichick is just one year removed from a losing season and look at what he's getting out of a defense with a bunch of nobodies. Meanwhile, we got Watt and Fitzpatrick and aren't getting near the production.

15. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Well your first post said players are interchangeable. Now you say they are not. My point is if they don't have the talent or players to play the scheme they are supposed to, what difference would changing the scheme make?

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And what happened the next week? The Patriots with a defense that on paper wasn't as good as ours completely shut him down. They did exactly what they needed to do. Why is it that we are never up to that challenge or completely botch it? I realize inconsistent Ben vs. Brady isn't a fair comparison, but at some point that elite defense has to come through.

17. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    You are wasting your breath even though you are correct. Brady was 9-3. One of those loses we played man coverage and won. Then the next time we played them we played a soft zone (stupid). At one point Tomlin had been here 10 years and the Steelers had never intercepted Brady (sad). Brady felt like the Steelers was just a bye week. The other guy claimed the Patriots torched everyone when they went 17-0 that’s incorrect. The Ravens nearly beat them but Harbaugh called a timeout even though the defense stopped the play which was a turnover on downs which would have ended the game with a Ravens victory.

18. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Gents,

I appreciate all that took the time to argue your case. This board would be boring if we all completed each others sentences and agreed on everything. I try to keep an open mind and wanted to get different perspectives and I got just that. I still have some reading to do and only got half way. lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ryan Mundy bit on every fake run by Tibo and let his man go for easy receptions down the middle. Clark would have done his job. Mundy was literally cut the next day. That says it all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We were 12- 4 if I remember correctly, and had 2 go 2 a 8-8, or 9-7 (only going off of memory)Denver teams house that automatically R. Clark couldn't play at.
    A rule I have never liked. It's almost like ....Well don't win anymore games , and sit Your players because You could be 14- 3, and Have 2 go 2 a 8-9 teams house because they won their $hitty division. I know people will say well you should beat them. Denver actually has a Home field advantage....Especially when it causes a starter on Your team 2 not be able 2 play there.
    I would say any place in the NFL that has a place 2 play that just because of where it's at can cause a player not 2 be able 2 play is a very big advantage. :shrug:

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Also You still haven't answered my Question (I think it was You I asked LoL).., How come Belichicks D has never beaten Cam Newton???
    Yet We always beat Cam Newton. Why wasn't His awesome D never able 2 adjust ???
    I mean We can break down Defenses by players like this all day.
    Just Like people trying 2 prove a point by saying What Brady has done 2 our D.
    Is that not the same???

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly :thumbs_up:

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Because it's not just Brady. Steelers defense has gotten beaten by many a mediocre QB as well. Newton is like the only one for Belichick and they never had to face him in a playoff or Super Bowl anyway. For the AFC, the road to the Super Bowl always went through NE. So most of the AFC was screwed. But the point is if you're a top defensive coach, you should be able to go toe to toe against TB. Even if you don't win. So it means that DL wasn't much better than most of the AFC defensive coordinators.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It amazes me that people think that Ryan playing would have magically made the passing yardage from Tim Tebow disappear. The whole team and especially D were trending downward anyway. That's how we got into the mess of having to play Denver at Denver in the wildcard anyway.