1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just watched a previous game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Dec 19, 2020.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just watched the game against the Bills 4 years ago where Bell had 200+ yards and 3 TD's. Obviously Bell was the big story that game, but the thing that really stood out to me was how violent we were. Our Oline destroyed guys. I saw numerous blocks that looked more like WWE moves. We were so dominant and fun to watch.

Just don't know what happened to our Oline. I know we got old, but guys don't lose their edge when they get older. They lose speed, but not their edge.

Can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with Munch leaving. Just seems like a very different philosophy these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Tomlin referred to the lack of aggression and physicality in a recent presser, pretty obviously referring to the OLine. They are not the only problem on offence but they are not playing well, and seem to have no will to run block in particular.

The team is well aware of the issue, how do you fix it at this stage of the season though? I don’t know if it’s a coaching thing or physical decline with some of the older guys

3. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Bell always seemed to run and fall forward like King Henry.

I honestly was first giving credit Wash and Buff D on how they must have studies film and seen certain personnel packages and formations that were tipping the run but maybe as you point out that could it be that the Steelers are being out physicaled and slower at the point of attack?

Can the Steelers be looked at as a more finesse team?

The bad weather may expose the run game even more but can we call these 3-4 yard passes short runs or a poor mans run and shoot?

I keep saying I want to watch the all 22 but vintage Ben always used to look downfield first so its wild to see the quick hits underneath.

So is it ineffective coached scheme? ineffective execution of the players? Less talent or athleticism vs other teams front 7 in the trenches?

Tough for me to assess and point to anyone thing.

• Like Like x 1