1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just start pickett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 18, 2022.

1. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The more I read posts I just have to laugh. People on here saying it’s Mitch’s fault we suck, many of the same that said Ben sucked the last few years.

then you have some people saying Mitch is the reason we are losing and these same people that was Big Ben fans was constantly saying it wasn’t Bens fault, they would say a QB isn’t the only one that plays that it takes a team.

Is Mitch an Elite QB? Nope he isn’t but he is playing just like Ben did the last few seasons.

everyone is assuming that if we put Kenny in everything is all of a sudden fixed and we are gonna air it out. The plays are all of a sudden gonna change.

Get real, we have seen these 2 yard or behind the line passes for the last 3-4 years. Occasionally a deep pass when we have 3rd and 2.

I will continue to ask, why is it we have rhythm, we drive the complete field and continue to get first downs when we have a fast tempo and no huddle. Go look at the games the last few years and take a look at what happens when we go to hurry up. We Score EVERY time.

Last couple of years, why is it when our offense does score and we do get a lead, why does our defense faulted and let them score usually the next drive? But with that being said, this years defense seems to be doing a heck of a lot better.

I have never been a Tomlin hater and I’m not on the fire Tomlin train, but blame does have to be placed somewhere if it’s a repeated process year after year.

With all that being said, I kinda would like to see what Kenny can do, I want to see if the problem is the personnel or if it’s higher up. I honestly think it goes higher then Ben the last few years or Mitch this year.

I’m anxious to see what all the people in here would post if the same results will happen with Kenny, how many post will there be saying we shouldn’t have drafted him, how many post will there be from the same people saying it’s all on the QB change their tune and place blame elsewhere.

We are 2 games in, we are 1-1 just like all the other AFC teams besides 2-0 KC and Miami, oh and the 0-2 teams. It’s by far to early to panic. We still have a top rated defense and we aren’t gonna muff punts every game. There is still hope.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I thought the line played well today, in-fact started seeing growth with the line in the second half. Harris struggled at first, but after a few Warren runs, Harris started to find some nice holes. And the two sacks allowed, both were on Mitch for not throwing the ball away. For the most part, Mitch had a solid pocket only for Mitch to throw short and safe passes off of his back foot. After last week I was willing to give Mitch a benefit of the doubt, but after the game yesterday, I'm not too sure. He looked like he regressed from last week; I saw no growth. Mitch just looks uncomfortable and indecisive. Frankly, if they're not ready to start Pickett, then I'd rather see Mason as QB1 moving forward.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Umm, what? Both games the OLine constantly collapsed in pass coverage and on most run plays got zero push.

4. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Mahomes would probably have the same learning curve his first year. The good qb’s don’t need a year to sit on the bench. For every Mahomes, there is Rothlisberger, Burrows and if I remember even Marino made All-pro his rookie year with 20 td and 6 int. We have good skill players and Pickett would be an upgrade over Trubinski. Remember how Kordell struggled to move the offense and when Maddox came it was like night and day difference. Trubinski is just slow in processing information on the field.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It may be a bit of both. Mitch is already looking over his shoulder and not taking risks downfield.

6. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    Sitting Mohomes for a year behind Alex Smith was a good call. Even though I think Mahomes would have done well. However, when Mahomes came in his second year he was more than ready. The problem is, Trubisky is no Alex Smith.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    Ironically Mitch has stated he likes the Steelers offensive game plan because it lets him play his game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if they don’t give Kenny the job, at least put him in to try and create a spark. The only thing is the games have been too close.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No it doesn't. I pray this team wins every game. What it shows is some can't admit they are wrong. Something I have No problem with, and never had.
    It's not a hater to say the house is on fire.....because the house is on fire......it in noway means......I want the house to burn.... that is just silly :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You are comparing 2 different teams....for one We have more weapons on offense, and 2....the offensive line is better than last year. Example: if the guy that's started at center almost all year last year can't even get a jersey this year.....I would say that's means a lot.

11. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

Different players, same result and it especially shows in the run game the same. Pass is a tad better, but not much at all, no matter who we have at qb still only gets 2 maybe 3 seconds to throw the ball.

• Like Like x 1