1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just start pickett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I sorta still believe the Mitch offense will break out one day.

This Thursday sure would make things feel better.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
  2. Steelers4tim

Steelers4tim Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2022
    Careful, we got Mike Dumblin's ball washers that have been defending Tribumski since the day we signed him...we have a fraction of Steelers fans in this world that are just plain stupid, too! Dumblin and Tribumski both have something in common, though...neither one of them EARNED the job they have!

#firetomlin

3. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Sure is, just not 17 games of it.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    if there ever was a pot calling the kettle black post this is it

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Which fraction would that be? I'm terrible at math .....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I have that hope. And only did for no huddle up. I wonder if mitch ran it

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This. People are saying He doesn't have time is bull$hit. He had for sure 6 times targets down the field, and didn't....
    1. Throw them...
    2. See them..., or
    3. Hates them.
    Honestly how many passes has He thrown this year were You are like....Who the hell was He even throwing that at.
    Down the sidelines it's like He has a magnet that pulls the balls out of bounds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

My biggest hope is that Pat Meyer elects to stay in Pittsburgh long term! Playing "musical chairs" with Offensive Line Coaches is not a winning formula for developing young Offensive Lineman; doubly so if the team elects to draft an Offensive Tackle early next season. If anything, my hope is the same as @S.T.D; have Dan Moore develop into a rock solid Left Tackle and draft this thing called a Cornerback in Round One!! :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not everything wrong with this offense is Mitch's fault. Agree he is not the one that will get us where we want to go, but I don't count on a rookie to do much different either. Just because he is a 1st rd pick doesn't mean jack, go ask Mitch. There are multiple issues at play here that are both on the field and on the sidelines. Blaming one player for our offensive ineptness is ridiculous at this point knowing what we all know about play calling, OL talent, etc etc. Improvement needs to be made in all facets of our team right now. I worry about what lies ahead in Stainland after their humiliating loss today and then we show up like we have been the last two weeks.

10. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am trying hard to let go of the idea that Steelers passed on Mariota. Trying to be on board with Mitch, but it’s not easy. If they start Pickett (my prediction was game 4), I will root for him. And try to forget about them passing on Mariota. Ouch.

11. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Trubinsky always throwing on his back foot on rollouts is disturbing. Kenny can't do much worse than him. Start the rookie already !

12. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Check down Mitch ! He has zero downfield vision just like the reindeer !

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I won't say I told anyone so, but.....:shrug:
    How many called Me a hater......because I said I watched most of Trubisky career (every game they didn't play when the Steelers did) ,and would not put what I saw on the coaches, or His weapons.....but NO!!!!!.....I was a hater, and everything would be different for Him now.....I believe a few owe Me an apology. LoL
    I was not hating......I was just telling what I saw. The exact same thing I'm seeing now. Can't throw deep accurately, can't read the field, and is very uncomfortable in the pocket.....basically anything You want Your Qb to be.
    Just go back for months, and read what I said.
    Exactly the same. Thank You come again

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Pickett isn’t learning squat sitting on the bench. You learn absolutely nothing holding a notebook on sidelines. Your skills degrade if anything. Mitch is never going to be the future. It’s time to start Pickett.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree that Pickett needs to start. He’s a very mature 24 year old who has played a lot of football. He showed that he could play well above the line “in stadium” (as Tomlin likes to stay) in the pre-season games (I know, I know, it was the pre-season :rolleyes:). Bottom line is that, even though he’s a rookie, he’s the best quarterback on the roster right now so he needs to be playing!

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I have had zero interested in Pickett, that being said. I play Mitch on the short week, but if it looks the same In all for starting Pickett at home the next week

Then we can see if Canada turns the fans on Picjett too with the same exact plan

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Everyone's wonder boy Mahomes set a year,

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Only because the Qb they were playing had taken them to the playoffs for like 4 straight years. If He was Mitch Trubisky....Mahomes would have started week 3. LoL.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    People are picketing for Pickett. You know what, was hoping he could hang out on the bench for a 5 -8 games, but might be time now. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have You watched Mariota this Year....Him, and Trubisky should both be backups

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's Me.....the PPP.
    People picketing for Pickett.
    Down with the Trubisky....up with the PPP.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Rabble rabble rabble

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    2 games hasn’t hit 200 yards in either, 75 average rating…

Mason laughing his ass off drawing with his clipboard during the game stick figures of Mitch with fans chanting Kenny.

24. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Don't be that guy who says I told you so (like sdot). Because it does turn you into a hater and not wanting the best for the team.

For instance I thought leal was crap. And if he ever goes to crap it's going to upset me that I was right. But I can't utter that to anyone here.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    correct. All THREE QBs look like just back up QBs with this OL.