1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just a Week Away From an NFL Game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Sep 3, 2020.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Got to admit, did not think it was going to happen.

This will be an abnormal season. What happens if a QB goes out somewhere to have dinner with his O-line and somebody in the room (or area) reports they got Covid-19? Does the whole group sit out two games?

BTW, did the NFL come out with any written guidelines telling players not to do that or any other written direction on avoiding social gatherings with your team mates or any official policy on how to change your behavior so you avoid being forced to sit out games due to potential infection?

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes players got a list of activities to avoid, a code of conduct so to speak. They are not allowed to be in crowded places like bars etc. I can’t remember the full details but there is definitely something there.

10 positive cases after 60k tests so far. If they can keep that going I think there is a good chance of a credible season.

The big test will come midway through the season, everyone is geared up now but if a team is say 2-6 and out of the running it would be easy for discipline to slip.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    From what I have been reading when the teams go out on the road, they are being kept from going out etc. No out to eat meals no bars no nothing.

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm in not gona watch KC play Thursday, im not in no hurry to watch them kneel and see their lil stickers on the helmets ...Mahomes has been tweeting practically somthing everyday since this nonsence has started.. and still hasnt done nothing to make any changes, he is nothing more than a kid on a soapbox...Illwatch the Steelers this year but i doubt ill watch any other games than theirs .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    If this rule had been in place all along, there might be fewer children in the world. Right, Cromartie?

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah but that dude got like a Vasectomy and then got his wife pregnant again with Twins I think.

He must have like 10 billion sperm.

Also a fact Phillip Rivers has like 20 billion sperm.

Thank god he never became the Steelers QB, we would of needed like one whole section for Phillip Rivers kids.

I'm pretty sure Phillip Rivers kids made up half the LA Chargers home game fans last year.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Nah, not even they would go watch that joke of an organization!

• Like Like x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They gave a list to the players and said go out into the world you are grown men. What could go wrong?

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There's too much money at stake for there not to have been a season in some capacity. So I'm not completely surprised.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not to sound rude or put you on the spot but what are you expecting? There to be a nation wide press conference where they say congrats everyone or protests and voices have been heard we can go back to our lives! Change, real change takes time. Jackie Robinson didn't break the color barrier and be instantly accepted. Southern college football programs held out integrating their teams until the teams that did recruit African Americans players were routinely kicking their butts. It took how many years before social change forced the Washington Redskins to reconsider their name and retire it. Change happens slowly especially at the heart and minds stage that we are at.