1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joey Porter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How is race relevant to the way all the Rooneys have operated? :facepalm:
    Yeah, don't go there friend. Review the facts.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    1. I didn't say all the Rooney's, I said Art.
    2. You are playing games if you pretend you don't see race in the operation of the Steelers.....review the facts.
    3. There are those who form their beliefs based on the actions of others around them and the current trend. I try to form my opinion on common sense and what is fair for "everyone", not a select few.
    4. Please don't turn this into a racial issue on this board.

3. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Robert Saleh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Take your own advice Stone

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He goes into every thread trying to push that BS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No thanks to Harbaugh.

Bieniemy would be interesting. And would keep the Rooney Rule in tact in Pittsburgh.

The dude who left for Denver I'm sure would come back if offered the HC job.

Arthur Smith would bring back the physicality to this soft finesse offense.

All three offensive minds. This is what we need.

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Again. This thread is pointless. MT ain't going anywhere. Save your breath. The guy could lose these last 3 games by 100+ and he will still be on the sidelines come opening day 2021. The list of player injuries is too long to ignore for the Rooneys.

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

Festivus.jpg Festivus.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    True, but this topic comes up every time we lose a game. It's just nice to see some names thrown out this time. Bienemy seems interesting.....

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Offensive minds there's your problem. The Rooney's have and will probably continue to favor defensive HC candidates.

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That Seinfeld episode was on the other night, my son had never seen it before. He decided Frank Costanza is his favorite character on the show.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This all hinges on 2, which has very little actual evidence, and a ton of conjecture, to back it up.

However, I think you and me have covered this ground enough time before, and it’s Christmas Eve, so I’ll just say cheers to you Stone and hope you have a good one.

:drinks:

14. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Its the logical fallacies that people like to believe. I used to have a thread about them every year. One of the most famous was Willie Parker cant catch. The fact that there was little evidence that he couldn't catch and more that he could never enters the conversation. One I hate the most is the wasted roster spot, every year someone is just a waste and the team could be superbowl bound if only they stopped wasting the spot and signed player x. My all time favorite is the rising tide lifts all boats theory. It goes the BA was a Superbowl winning Coordinator because he was the OC when Ben and Holmes achieved greatness. Yes he was the OC and yes they won the SB but less to do with him and more the team but why spoil the fantasy. In this case Tomlin has no control while Cowher and Noll did. All evidence to the contrary.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    When Cowher was here, lots of folks wanted him fired. Hell, he pissed away 4 AFCCG at home! He was favored by double digits in 2 of them! Now, he's a fondly remembered Saint.

MT has his faults, he's not a great game day coach, some needs to steal the challenge flag and hide it from him. But, he seems to get the most out of his players, they buy into his msg. They don't quit. And the most damning praise of all: his team's don't gave losing records.

Someday, this team will hire a bad HC. And for the first time in 50+ yrs, this spoiled child fan base will see how the rest of world lives. There are lots of bad head coaches out there. But the Steelers don't have one of them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Cowher might have come across as a hard ass but he was almost as much as a players coach as Tomlin.
    Near the end of Cowhers career I remember hearing he started right from training camp to run things with a stronger attitude and more discipline. The players all noticed it right off and at the end they held up the trophy.

For veteran players like Heyward who watched the selfish Bell whining about how he should be paid like a RB and WR, then the treatment of Brown at training camp he had his own apt the rest stayed at St Vincent College then the later total meltdown. I wonder if someone like Heyward might be thinking oh crap here we go again witnessing JU JU doing his dance routine as MT lets it happen.

Cowher knew when it was getting too loose and he knew he had to adjust, Tomlin might not see that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Munchak had a 22-26 record as ahead coach, his 5 years here as OL coach the line was ranked no higher than 14th in the league, and in the low 20's one year. They guy gets a lot of love for mediocre performance, just saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are going to lose a season or two anyway. Hell... we've been losing potential Super Bowls seasons for a decade now.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I made that point in another thread. People forget Cowher was also considered a players coach.

Can you imagine the meltdown here if Tomlins players put out a SB shuffle video before the AFC Championship game and then proceeded to lose said game. Oh yeah, this place would be hopping!

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Even Belichick loses without talent.

I have no idea how Munchak would do here as a HC but I always liked his attention to detail and his ability to impart that onto his players. He’s a tactician.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Cowher used to kiss Kordell and Porter on the cheek, he was a players coach.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Cowher spoiled you Heinz.

24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    The only concern I have about Bieniemy is how much of the success is due to him and how much is due to Reid.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Reid won’t even let him fully run the offense. Reid is always running around with that menu calling plays himself. Micromanaging.