1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Mixon - Just another criminal Bungle.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I guess it would do to remember Ben's checkered past as well

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Why? How many people did he beat up?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    His story just got strange..... REALLY STRANGE... How TF does one bust shots at children playing with nerf guns? Either a mental health relapse type situation; IE paranoia or PTSD, or this dude is just stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If Cincy cuts Mixon and picks up Henry I am going to be so pissed.

upload_2023-3-7_11-30-22.gif

• Like Like x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Ouch. That would be painful.

I don't think they'd have the money for that though. Lots of Bengals are up for big new contracts this season.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Who is that in your post. He looks familiar

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe James Harrison gave him CTE?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Uh oh, more Cincy drama? I’ll hold off commenting on this one until it has more substance.

Just enjoying the Steelers staying out of the news for a change.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wrestler Razor Ramon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The toothpick at the end should have given it away.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wouldn’t have taken you for a wrestling fan! I was big into it back when Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, George Animal Steel, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Superfly Snuka and more roamed the ring.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    THanks! I knew he was probably a wrassler but couldn't remember his name

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Bruno San Sammartino!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Had to look him up, forgot about him! Most of his career took place before I got into watching it.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    As a Young teen....
    Seeing Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Junkyard Dog, Doctor Death Steve Williams, and some other so called Russian guy in the same Van in a Whataburger drive in at Texarkana Texas ...after a match ruined it for this Guy. LoL .

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    He was a Pittsburgh legend. A great man as well

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Pittsburgh studio wrestling back in the mid 1960's was great entertainment. Chilly Billy Cardille was the announcer. My heroes were Bruno Sammartino, Dominick DeNucci, Jumpin' Johnny Defazio and Frank Holtz the "Fighting Cop from Carnegie".

• Like Like x 3
  19. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Little by little more information is coming out about this latest incident regarding Joe Mixon and the nerf gun war.

It's a continuing saga on Cincy am radio. Here's the latest. Some rumors and some truth sprinkled together.

Nerf Gun war was going on between high school kids at about 7:30 Monday evening in his immediate residence location. Someone in the house popped off approximately 7 shots from a real gun as kids were in his back yard. One kid was hit in the foot and a neighboring doctor started attending to child until he was transferred to the hospital for gunshot wound. Police recovered shell casings from Mixon back yard on his lawn. Rumor has it that 5 or 6 people were in his house at the time. No confirmation that Mixon was there at the time. His trainer called police sometime later and when they arrived only one person at the residence which was not Joe. Latest rumor is Joe was actually there at the time but left after shots fired.

Cincy sports radio is heavily favored in cutting Joe Mixon even if no charges are filed. They are all saying the culture almost changed but now it's taken back a bit once again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I haven't watched it in years, but I was a fan of that same era. I still remember the Battle Royale with a bunch of current and former pro football players. I think that was Wrestlemania II. Lots of Pittsburgh connections in that one with Ernie Holmes, Bill Fralic, Jimbo Covert, Big John Studd, and Bruno Sammartino in that one. If I remember correctly, Sammartino was from Pittsburgh and Studd was from Butler.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I think he was still doing some broadcasting in the '80s, but he had mostly retired from wrestling.

22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    There were reports of him having a situation like this when he was first drafted

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Before my time lol but my dad taught me about all the old school guys. My time is stone cold, rock, undertaker, John Cena, kane, big show , triple h, Shawn Michael's, etc...

• Like Like x 1
  24. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Sorry to interrupt the Wrestling hijack but here's the latest update on the Joe Mixon nerf gun war from Cincy.

Joe Mixon is not a suspect. Just someone who apparently hangs around idiots.

11 shots were fired at the kid with one hitting him in the foot. A Black car left Mixon's house right after and the kids playing nerf war pointed the car out to police. Police pulled the vehicle over and found a 34 year old female and 35 year old male in the car with a rifle. They were taken into custody but have not been charged yet with any crime. It is still unclear whether Joe was even home at the time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I used to love Snuka when I was a kid. Drove my mom crazy jumping from the back of the living room couch (sofa for you city slickers) onto a pile of pillows on the other side of the living room, lol. I watched Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling every Saturday with the likes of Blackjack Mulligan, Big John Studd,
    Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Baron Von Rashke, Wahoo McDaniel, et al. Great memories. There used to be a local wrestling show on the local ABC affiliate called Saturday Night Wrestling at 11:30pm every Saturday night right after the local news. My favorite wrestler on there was a guy called the Scufflin’ Hillbilly and his most famous hold was pinning the guy down and locking his big toe and middle toe around the guy’s nose until he submitted, lol. Great memories…back when wrestling was real. ;):lolol:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2