1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Burrow

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dagmire, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's in the cards. M. Brown will find a way..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Had the same threads last year with the amazing Mayturnitoverfield & the SB bound Clowns over running our depleted sorry azz excuse for a team.

3. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    It would be a career potential mistake for Burrows to sign with the Bengals. Can he fall back on baseball if they draft him? Can't think of a worse possible scenario for Burrows. QB of the Bungholios...lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Here is a list of the top drafted QBs back to Big Ben:

2018- B. Mayturnitoverfield #1pick overall
    2017- Mitch Trubisky #2pick
    2016- Jared Goff #1
    - C. Wentz #2
    2015- J. Winston #1
    - M. Mariota #2
    2014- Blake freakin Bortles #3
    2012- A. Luck ( or not?) #1
    - R. Griffin #2
    2011- Cam Newton #1
    2010- Sam Bradford #1
    2009- M. Stafford #1
    - M. buttfumble Sanchez #5
    2008- M. Ryan #3
    2007- Jamarcus Russell (Ben's trainer) #1
    2006- V. Young #3
    2005- A. Smith #1
    2004- the great Manning, Eli #1
    -Phil for ya Rivers not #4
    - and the Best QB drafted in last 14 years #11

GleefulNearKoodoo-size_restricted.gif

Ryan Leaf inspired this post.
    Don't fret over Burrows

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Agree, even Dalton wasn't total garbage and they almost beat the Steelers with A.J. McCarren at QB in the Playoffs until they self destructed with unforced errors.

6. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    You draft the kid first round, you get that 5th year option, but you're most definitely going to have to pay him before that if he shows to be a franchise QB type.

7. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Dont get me wrong. Cool JB had an epic year for the books but the one thing that has me a little reserved is the OC at LSU who does come from a Pro background. Joe B. was cool under pressure and created and extended plays and was accurate as hell with crossing and timing routes but that system I think helped him with the video game numbers.

I remember watching Ryan Leaf being a cant miss prospect and that fizzled. I know we are maybe comparing apples to oranges with the SEC but thats my one reservation regardless of all the stats and naturally gifted talents.

There was a QB from Kentucky who had a coach who had an Air Raid style but I really believe Cleveland ruined his career IMHO.

Sam Darnold was another QB I followed and saw cant miss investment but the chapters are still to be written on him in JETS country.

8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    D
    Does not work that way with rookie contracts; There is a set Salary and signing Bonus.

Kyler Murray: 4 yr deal worth 35Million of that 23 million is his signing bonus.

Long gone are the Stafford(72Mil) and Bradford(76mil) days of rookies making big money.
    Just think that was 10 years ago where rookies were singing for double what they are now!

New CBA agreement may change everything. As I posted earlier this would be an excellent year for a rookie to holdout for the entire season, so he does not have to sign his CBA mandated Rookie Contract.

Who knows what 2021 CBA contract will bring; it may go back to rookies signing those monster 100 million dollar deals of yesteryear.

I wonder what Bradford's 76 million dollar contract would translate into today's dollars....120 million? Set out a year to make an extra 90 million dollars?

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What was the criteria here? Did the quarterbacks have to be drafted in the top five? Why did you leave out 2019? Roethlisberger clearly is not the best quarterback drafted in the last 14 years. Even if you want to restrict it to first-round draft picks, you seemed to forget that Mahomes kid in Kansas City. I think he might be decent.

Luck and Wentz showed the ability to be great pros before being sidelined by injury. Newton led his team to a Super Bowl and won a league MVP award. It's not as if every guy on your list has sucked.

Also, none of that really has much to do with Burrow. Some of those guys were reaches just because teams wanted to take a quarterback. That is not the case with Burrow, who was as dominant a quarterback as we've seen at the college level in a while. If the point was that it can be tough to predict how a quarterback's play will translate from college to the pro level, that is absolutely correct, but Burrow is a different guy from many of those you listed.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, but Burrow will have a breakout season with his 4th coach in Cinci. Bank on it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I could not agree more!!

:sign0020:

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Big Ben had results. Who else? Cam had a great year and nothing. Luck could have gave Ben a run as the best QB drafted in the last 14 years...on a good team. Forgot about Watson, he looks like a winner.

I was just listing the top QBs that where drafted high in the first...with my angle. Mahomes might be better than Ben...might being the key word. Ben's results speak for themselves.

3 SBs
    Tough nut to crack