1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It's the little things.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by takenoprisoners1, Aug 18, 2019.

1. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Certainly a more exciting conversation to have about which 'good' player you might have to let go on player cuts as opposed to which marginal player you're forced to keep. Looks like the Steelers have some options at their disposal.

What I REALLY liked seeing in the second preseason game was better execution of little things. Time will tell if it translates to the regular season, but I'm talking about things like...

Special teams. Players deliberately screening would-be tacklers, but not shoving them in the back or holding. With someone like Spencer returning, giving him a chance could be huge.

Receiving.... Turning a 3 yard pass into an 8 yard pass by getting North-South right away. As close as our games have been, just one or two of those in a game might be enough to change a decision.

Not giving up.... Dobbs on his horrible pick (reminiscent of a couple of bad picks in that same situation by Roethlisberger in his early years in playoff situations) made a SURE tackle at midfield and prevented Chiefs from getting cheap points to end the half. Scales late.... WAY behind the play but doesn't give up on it and recovers a fumble from out of nowhere.

They're just little things in the course of a game, but if it becomes a pattern, exciting to see what this team can do when it counts....

GO STEELERS!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Are we going to be able to keep Spencer. sure as hell hope so

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    On the reverse that he ran his speed was blinding. It actually looked like everyone else on the field had stopped and he was the only one running. He was that much faster than everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    The little things on my end......It's just pre-season, but no player of mine or student of mine tomorrow will be talking trash too much to be about the Chiefs to me. LOL
    A great way to start my week. We have one week down of practice. Gonna be a busy year.