1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

It just goes to show....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by takenoprisoners1, Dec 16, 2018.

1. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Watched the game at a Steelers bar in Portland OR that was rocking just like Heinz Field was.... this may have been pointed out elsewhere but I know Jeh and others have consistently been saying how the outcome of a game can rest on 3-4 plays which has truly been the case for the Steelers for both wins and losses this year.

Given that razor thin edge in most games, isn’t it amazing how equalizing it can be when the refs call penalties on both teams. I don’t watch a lot of Pats games, but the least penalized team BS gets under my skin when I DO see them get away with things other teams would never dream of. No missed egregious false starts, pass interference and most importantly OFFENSIVE HOLDING penalties called against them and that magic advantage they have in most games evaporates. On Haden’s interception, I was livid another offensive holding wasn’t called as Brady was about to get hit, but the fact that they actually flagged the Pats for penalties committed for the most part made a huge difference. If only this crew had been there for the Chargers game....

Too many positives today to get lost in any negatives. Will enjoy this one more than any other win (so far) this year. Team effort.... My only wish going forward is we don’t have so many wasted downs throwing deep down the field to players nowhere near open when the first down sticks are there most of the game. Keep those TE’s involved baby.....