1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm proud of this team

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too, I have said all year they improved their
    talent roster and talent depth over last season.
    Unfortunately we were hit by the injury bug, some inconsistent play.
    The players that have filled in for the injured have done an admiral job
    I just wish we would have started the season with a different Oc/ playcaller.
    Go Steelers!

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    How about they win a postseason game first? Until Tomlin proves otherwise, I expect the 7th consecutive season without a postseason win. Obviously, I hope my expectations will be exceeded. Last playoff win was January 15th 2017. 7 years ago today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t know about that, there are some QB hungry teams out there right now. Have you seen the quality (or lack thereof) of some the quarterback play around the league this year. I could name several teams off the top of my head that Mason would have a very good chance of starting for. I read yesterday that Sean Payton in Denver may have an interest in Rudolph when he becomes a free agent. We’ll never know now, but I’m positive Belichick would have made a run at him if he’d stayed in New England.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think we are disagreeing

I don’t think anyone would just hand him the starting gig

But I see him getting more than a number 3 job

Therefore what is left is he gets signed to compete and if he wins number 1 good if he doesn’t he’s number 2 and be ready when needed

And he could have that same opportunity here

Kenny will probably get another long hard look but Mason has already seen what Kenny can and can not do

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    But the great Trevor Lawerence???? #1 Draft selection probably
    Has made over 20 million so far on his rookie contract. Nothing!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s why it makes me laugh when posters proclaim “we need to draft a can’t miss quarterback”

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too, it really is all the positions. There is bad fundamentals being
    coached thru out the us at every level.

8. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Can we see KP under the same play callers Mason ran under?

9. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't believe so.Pride is hard to over come. I think he will go to highest bidder
    and chance to parlay That chance into one last contract.Maybe some place closer to home. Dallas anyone
    Carolina? I am picking Carolina.

10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    so - this is strike # like 26 against Tomlin - player eval. Was he UNABLE to see that Mason had gotten better over the years? We missed it as FANS, but we are just that - FANS. We don't see camp, all that goes on in practice, etc.

What we DID know, was that Trubisky SUCKS!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Right. Even if he goes to another team it will most likely be in a compete to be starter at best. Why not stay where you already have that scenario.

I hope he does well today. I think this helps Kenny in the long run even if he won't admit you can learn from the sideline.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Hopefully

Next season

Unless there is a new OC

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Jack, not one of these teams will look to Rudolph to be their starting QB. They will all draft one. The best thing Rudolph has done for himself with this three game stretch is put himself in a better position for a BU job. As it stands right now, he can change that if things go his way during the playoffs.

Thats why I feel the Steelers are his best chance to start, they likely won’t be drafting a QB this year which puts Rudolph in a good spot since Kenny’s hold on the position is tenuous at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I disagree that there are no teams out there who won’t at least consider Mason as a starter, especially if he produces in the playoffs. I think he’s caught the eye of multiple teams with his performance already. But I hope he sees it the way you do and that he feels the Steelers are his best chance to start and is back in the B&G next season.

15. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I'd take Lawrence in a heartbeat. I think his ceiling is just as high as Josh Allen's, maybe higher. Allen is as good as he'll ever be right now. After a rocky start, he's helped turn the Jaguars into a contender since he's been there. This seasons end downhill slide started when Lawrence got injured, I don't think he was anywhere near 100% healthy from that point on. If not for the injury, the Jaguars would've made the playoffs. He's easily a top 10-12 QB, and top 3-5 talent wise

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Never mind whether he misevaluated Mason or not. He had to see that Trubisky was done. I had zero confidence in Mason, and even I was openly supporting a change for the Pats game just to try something different.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    I'm proud of the Steelers for not giving up. For firing Matt Canada. For the way the offence has improved. For Tomlin getting another non-losing season. For Steelers winning Superbowl<ooops not happened yet>

18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    It is time , can't really object.

19. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I think it's now or never for Tomlin. If he can't win today, I doubt if the Steelers will ever win another playoff game with him as HC

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's close, but neither only lost one divisional game. All I'm getting at is if I told everyone at the beginning of the year we would go 10 -7, and 5-1 in the division....nobody would have thought We would only be a 7th seed.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Say it truly. After not getting a starting role...not ....He didn't get a Bite in free agency....that is spreading false facts. He got bites..., but they were backup roles.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  22. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Allen can be even better if he gets a QB coach to help lower the turnovers.

I'd take the following QB's over Lawrence without hesitation:

Mahomes
    Stroud
    Herbert
    Burrow
    Lamar
    Allen
    Purdy
    Hurts (50/50)

By year three, Elway, Luck, & Manning were top tier QB's. All capable of making others better. Two of those guys are HOFers. A third would have been a HOFer if his GM didn't sabotage him with an awful OL.

Lawrence has not reached that point. Obviously, there is time. The Jags have a major decision to make on what type of contract he will get.

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I understand where fans are coming from but I actually would give Tomlin a break here. I know Trub was a dud and Pickett unproven but we are using a third string QB in a road game minus one of the greatest defensive players in the game. I'm giving Tomlin a pass on this one. This is one of his weaker teams going into the Playoffs. That said, watch this be the one he is brilliant in and leads us to Baltimore.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  24. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen are the only 3 guys on your list that I'd take over Lawrence, and even Allen is debatable. Stroud has looked very good, and is possibly a star in the making, but let's see if he can continue at this level for a few years. Hurts is nothing more than a poor man's Jackson, and Jackson hasn't won a damn thing. Same for Herbert. Lawrence has more talent in his baby finger than Purdy has in his whole body, he's a good game manager, and nothing more

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You're not sure we've swept the Bengals and Ravens before? without looking it up I'd be shocked if it hasn't happened before. I'm fairly certain it has. We've dominated the Bengals for a long time and have swept the Ravens before, including when we won the SB, we had to beat them 3 times