1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm heading to Pittsburgh!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mogadiba, Oct 13, 2014.

1. mogadiba

mogadiba Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey guys! I'm as bummed as the rest of you after that pathetic showing against the Browns, but I'm not letting it damper my mood as I'm heading into town next week to catch MNF against the Texans! A couple things I was wondering that maybe some of you guys could help out with:

First and foremost: tailgating. Was at a game in Denver several years ago and managed to meet up with some really nice folks from South Carolina. Since they had a car and a parking spot, tailgating just sort of took care of itself and it was a really fun time. I really want to do something like that again, but on our home turf. Unfortunately we will be on foot and don't know anyone going to the game. My question is are any of you going and tailgating? If so, any chance my GF and I could swing by and say hello, share a beverage and enjoy the atmosphere? We're both nice, normal people, about 30 years old, who don't start fights or smoke crack or anything. And hey, if we don't get along, we can always just mosey on down the road.

Secondly: How's the weather at night? Assuming it's not raining, will I need to be super bundled up to sit in the upper end zone? Never been to a night game in Pittsburgh before.

Thirdly: If J.J. Watt bats down every single pass, will he refund the price of my ticket? I mean, it's not like he can't afford it. I'm kidding, but seriously that dude scares me.

Any help would be great. I've also got some tickets I'm trying to sell to the following week's Colts game. I posted in Classifieds, but don't think many people really look there. PM me if interested.

Thanks everyone. I know it looks dark now, but it'll get better. Eventually.

-mogadiba

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You won't have any trouble finding people to tail gate with.

I agree about JJ Watt. Really hope that Ben doesn't go down with an injury cause the Oline will not be able to contain him. Every play they will need to double team him and that will probably open hole for other players.

Have fun and remember don't come home with your voice. I hope its a good game.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    You have my deepest sympathies.

But seriously, bring some drinks and/or food with you (don't come empty handed - it's just poor manners) and most tailgaters will be happy to have you join them.

Temperature at night this time of year is tricky. It can be light jacket weather, or even winter coat type weather. Be prepared for either, and keep your eye on the weather reports. Currently, it's looking like low 50s maybe high 40s (light jacket, or sweatshirt under jersey), but it's too far off to be certain.

JJ Watts... can we have some woman claim he slapped her around a bit? That's about the only way he doesn't run amok on us.

4. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Or be prepared to give em some money to help out the cause.

Where are you staying

5. mogadiba

Oct 16, 2011
    We're staying in Oakland, an area we're pretty familiar with from previous trips. We figure we'll head over to the stadium with a twelve pack and some food and hope for the best I guess.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There are a couple guys who run tailgate parties. Pay like 20 bucks for all you can drink and eat they give out armbands. I'll see if I can dig up some info on them for you.

7. mogadiba

Oct 16, 2011
    That seems like it might be an easy solution. If you find anything, let me know. I'll do some digging of my own.

8. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Mog....

Have a great time on your pilgrimage to "Mecca of the NFL." I surprised my son with tickets to the 3rd Pens/Rangers game last year for his birthday, complete with a bar full of Pens fans singing "Happy Birthday" on our pregame excursion to Mario's on the SouthSide.

Go Stillers!!

9. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    This sounds like a damn good solution for when we make it back up there!

10. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    It's starting to sound like Clowney will be back Monday night too (which I predicted he'd return against us of course when he originally went out...lol)

11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah but Clowney is "young and inexperienced" so he won't be able to get to the qb. I mean that reasoning works for us right? LOL! I just couldn't resist saying that.

12. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011