1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ike Taylor retires

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by brassbawls, Apr 14, 2015.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks Ike ,it's a shame that his hands retired before they ever started.;)

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    A class act. Loved the battles between him, Ocho, and AJ. Most definitely a key to those championship seasons.

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good first post and I agree! What Ike lacked in ball skills he made up in sheer physicality. He had great speed and wasn't afraid to lay a lick on the guy with the ball. If the guy could only catch we'd be talking about Ike in the same glowing terms as we talk about Blount and Woodson.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

As a newbie myself welcome I too came from another board but this is my new home. I look forward to getting to know this board with ya.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was thinking today that I don't know if I've seen anybody wearing an Ike jersey at a game. Of the recent players you mostly see Ben, Troy, Harrison, Woodley, AB, Heath, and Hines. Has anyone else ever noticed the lack of Ike jerseys? Am I just thinking this? I've been to a lot of games over Ike's career, at Heinz and on the road, and really can't think of a time that I've seen his jersey in the stands.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ike was a selfless Steeler, what he did with taking a pay cut is unheard of. Ike was one of them guys who just came and shut down his guy most of the time. He didn't brag or gloat he just came to play and play well he did. Good luck Ike and thanks for the memories and professionalism. You are going to be great on tv and I look forward to watching you there, if anyone is interested he will be on the NFL network at 7 pm tomorrow I do believe.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks for the years of service Ike. Loved watching you play most of the time but I also face palmed myself more than I could count. We could be arguing HOF stats but way too many potential INT's were dropped. At the end of the day you still owned Ochostinko and that made me very happy.

8. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, THE definition of "Underappreciated"...

Blast beat me to it, being surprised he actually had 14 int`s...

And BFT is right, ya never saw anyone wearing his jersey...

But he did a way more than solid job at his position for quite a few years.

Shame age cathes up with everyone...

He was a key part of this team for a while, and I don`t think he got his fair share of respect for what he did for us...

Just my humble opinion...

At least he went out Black and Gold!!!(After a huge paycut, that most players wouldn`t take, nowadays...)

GO STEELERS!!!

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Did you just tell Ike to go Swag off? ha-ha
    Welcome to the REAL STEEL BOARD!
    Glad to have you here

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    How much of that is to do with availability? I imagine that those player's jerseys are the ones that fill the stores the most, especially outside of Pittsburgh.

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Ike... thanks for the service! You are one of the greats. It will take me some time to adjust to not seeing Ike and Troy on the field. I hope future Steelers can step up and be as great as these two.
    I will leave you with this:
    Ike Taylor caught a ball once...j/k (from mean tweets on Jimmy Kimmel)

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well on the website you can get pretty much any jersey you want. There are also stores in Pittsburgh that will even make you the jersey you want right there on the spot. But it is true that outside of Pittsburgh you mostly see Ben and Troy jerseys on the shelf. At least around here anyway. I pretty much always wear throwback jerseys to games. Lambert is my favorite one to wear.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fixed that for you Sarge. God help us if Real Steel owned this board, our posts would mean nothing if they don't win the SB.

15. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
  16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Good riddance, he has the worst stats of any 12 year corner that I can remember, 3 sacks and only 14 picks in a 12 year career, that's a sad commentary, on top of that, he was penalty prone....

17. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Its about time. IKE will be a first ballot hall of famer
    11090317_961453447240174_3175018275660285229_n.jpg

18. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Right...nevermind that he shut down the best WR's in the league time after time during his prime years :rolleyes:

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He was pretty good when he was younger but, the last two years, I started calling him Ike, yellow flag, Taylor.

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Pffth, that doesnt matter :lolol:

21. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That is sad commentary. I'm glad to see you're self-aware, at least.

22. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    well played Snack...well played!

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    What?!?..

And Keisel is retiring Black n Gold also???

Not to highjack this thread, but I heard it in Ike`s interview, here, first...

And didn`t see any other threads about it...

Last I heard, he was considering other options...

Does this mean we have had THREE Steelers retire this offseason, that never. played. for. another. team???:eek:

Sad to see all of them go, ...

But pretty damn proud, that NONE of them chose to play elsewhere...

That says a LOT about our franchise, in this day and age of free-agency!:herewego::steelflag::herewego!::clapping::yeehaw::towel::thumbsup:

(I still think Keisel could contribute, but, the risk of injury is pretty high...
    And Silverback, chose to come back here, instead of going to Tenn, with LeBeau, surprises even me...)...

HELL YEAH!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! HERE WE GO!!!:herewego!:

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I've always felt like that when Ike knew he was beat if he didn't just maul the guy to save a td from happening because he figured the d could then tighten back up and hold? So it was like a risk/reward type deal with more of a likelihood of reward in the big picture.

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Plus Hines was a recent guy that played his whole career here as well. Heath and Ben will too. I think Timmons will as well. I wonder which team has the highest rate of players that never played for another team since Free Agency started? I guarantee you one thing. It aint the pats! They change personnel like Jerry Lewis changes socks!