1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

If we lose against the jets....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Start pickett

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. Fire Canada

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. Fire Tomlin

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Are you talking to me?

I've already been on record that starting Pickett over Trubisky will NOT make much of a difference. The entire team has too many flaws. It won't be solely Trubisky's or Pickett's fault for the team tanking this year.

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Do you use the word doomed frequently enough that I’m supposed to associate it with you?

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Sorry pal, I must not pay enough attention

5. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    That's what I thought. Guess it was one of those people who like to start that kind of drama.

6. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Agreed there is no reason to say that. It would be if there was something in that rule about firing, but there's 100% nothing. The rule is just about giving a fair chance at getting an interview.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Where's Extend Tomlins Contract, with a bonus? I'll vote for that one.

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Pickett did outplay trubiski in preseason..
    Truthfully, the only reason he didn't win that competition is that he's a rookie....
    Tomlin had no intention of starting the season with a rookie under center... He said as much towards the end of last season

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That is only partially correct

You are out of town and I guess you got most of your opinion from this message board and misinformation on the net

More information came out long after but after a good rumor starts facts be damned……

Tomlin did increase his input on the defensive game plan as a head coach had the right to

He was not as people wrongly suggested doing the game day on the field play calling

He as head coach certainly had the right to interject when he felt appropriate

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Are you saying Mike Tomlin was not calling the defense for the last 2 years? I could have sworn I read an article about how Mike was calling the defense.

This article sounds like Tomlin took over as Defensive Coordinator in 2018. ( So that would mean 4 years ago)

From a 2018 article.
    The three-ring circus that is the Pittsburgh Steelers just got another attraction. According to Post-Gazette writer Ed Bouchette, head coach Mike Tomlin took over at least a portion of the defensive playcalling from defensive coordinator Keith Butler.

He called many of the defensive plays from the sideline this season. He also took charge of many of the secondary meetings and those with the entire defense.
    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...-took-over-defensive-playcalling-last-season/

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No Brice I’m not saying that

What I’m saying is exactly what I posted

Read what I posted

Read what you posted

They are not necessarily contradictory

But a lot of what came out early was twisted on narrative or just out right inaccurate

I knew better than believe the early exaggerated hype so I waited (months?) until the truth came out then it made more sense

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I won't. I expect rookie stuff from Him, but I would like to see a different Qb under Canada's offense. So far I've seen a washed Ben, and Trubisky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Holy **** you finally admitted Ben was washed up

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He was.....last year. Still better than Trubisky. LoL.
    I don't, and won't agree He was the year before.

15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It's hard to really tell who's to blame. We hear some complaints coming out, we see lousy results on the field from play calling and player execution. Mitch reported has said he can't call a different option on some plays, but we also see him not looking past the first option often. The results are ugly regardless and players are starting to grumble. Ultimately that will leas to frustrations being seen on the field. Organizations Rarely listen to fan reactions..though I like to think the Rooneys regularly like my posts ...lol. What they don't like is a team imploding and turning on each other. There was an article today where unnamed players were complaining about Canada, if it keeps up soon those players frustrations will be seen on the sideline...no owner wants to see that in a nationally televised game.

• Like Like x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've already seen some of it on the sidelines.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He’s getting soft in his old age

18. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    That’s because he’s a clown with no clue. Great idea let’s wait 2 years to see if your number 1 pick QB can play makes zero sense. That will put Tomlin at 7 years without a playoff win but who’s counting

19. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    Your profile pic is hilarious.

• Like Like x 1
  20. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    If we lose to the lowly Jets at home, think it’s safe to say that all H3ll will break loose everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wacko Flacco’s revenge!

22. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Anyone is better than Trubisky. The Bears haven’t had a decent QB in years if they give up on one it means he sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    This is a fair point. I made the mistake of reading LSU fans talk about him and I already written him off before he had a cup of coffee as a coach.

What I couldn't get beyond is he had arguably some of most athletically gifted football players in the world playing at LSU to work with but at the same time it was the SEC where most of the teams have elite talent that he had to scheme against.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    And on the field. Many passes that ate catchable are still thrown high or wide. I loved Pickens acrobatics, but you can't expect that on every play. I thought this would be the week..longer time to prepare, home, weaker team, but it's not happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Have you not been around 10,000+ posts?