1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

IF STEELERS GO FOR FIELDS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think his circumstances last season contributed, but a lot of his issues were on him. And, yes, processing what the defense was doing and understanding where he should go with the ball looked to be the biggest issue.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    so - rumor is that Steelers have an offer out for their #2 and DJ to the Bears, for Fields, you all read that is the daily digital sphere this AM?

Bears should TAKE IT AND RUN!!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Did you make up this rumor or was it some other highly reputable source

Ok I know there is no such thing as a highly reputable source

Well other than you :smiley1:

4. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

I don’t actually see this from Schefter on his feed so take it for what it is worth.

@JackAttack 5958 better hope Hoge is right about the Steelers beliefs ;)

7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Had to be a step up from the ones from your younger days at least:

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Would much rather roll with Kenny and Mason than to bring Fields into the mix.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes but they have to cover their bases if someone over pays for Mason

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think it was something Schefter tweeted out, he said this on a radio show I think.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just don’t want to overpay for Fields. Anything higher than a third would be overpaying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    I’d rather sign Wilson for the min than give up valuable draft capital for fields who I don’t think will make us a contender. I think KP or MR would do just as well if not better

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I have mixed emotions about this. I would love the running ability Fields brings to the table but he hasn’t really shown much outside of that. You look at his stats and he has taken a boat load of sacks over the years. Tomlin is absolutely enamored with mobile QB’s the same way he is enamored with smallish Defensive lineman. I sure hope he and Arthur Smith are on the same page on this one and Arthur is confident he is a fit and he can make him into a more efficient QB.

We will for sure be a top 3 run team in the league. Just wondering how it will actually play out for our passing offense. In addition if we trade DJ we now have to find a replacement. We don’t have the draft capital right now to get a Center, RT, CB, Slot CB, SS, ILB, WR, DL and P. Were going to have to do alot of shopping in free agency and I don’t know how we will do that and pay Justin Fields, and resign Friermuth and Najee.

I think they need to get a Center in FA, get Luvu the MLB from Carolina, maybe Fletcher Cox DL on the cheap, and a SS as there are ton of Safeties in FA this year. Go draft your CB, WR, Slot CB and P. Take a flyer on a developmental OT and QB in the later rounds. There probably not gong to be able to get the RT this year. The Holcomb injury really hurts us this year at ILB. It makes us have to commit more money to the position now because we don’t know when Holcomb will be available or if he will be the same.

The concern I have with Fields is we are giving up draft capital and possible a starting WR. Then we are I would assume committing money to him for a long term contract. This team still has a ton of holes that need to be filled. I don’t think Fields is a transcending talent that can compensate for those holes .... he is more of a complimentary piece. Quite frankly the team isn’t fully built out yet to allow someone like Fields to flourish or develop. I guess we will see.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Look up!!!! Now everyone is jumping on Kahn's statements.

15. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Like you, they are reading it wrong. Some bloggers are using it for clicks, but the fact remains, he did not even admit they actually spoke to the Bears about Fields.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He better start peparing better and understanding what he is seeing then or he will be setting next to the coach.

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Thanks you!

Yes lets bring in a cast off, pick and fumble machine, waste a pick or two for building the team. Plus you would have to make a decision on a 5th year option. Sounds perfect for the drama crowd.

You roll with Pickett and possibly Mason. Or Tannehill. Or Minshew. You see what he can bring with a new coordinator. If he doesn't progress you have your answer.

The drama crowd is worried they might not have another participation trophy winning season and pick at #20 again. And again. Maybe back into the playoffs if lucky. Yea Fields would be the perfect choice. Bring in a 3rd year cast off and banish a 2nd year player. Makes sense to me :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This. I actually had faith in Him....because I believe that the Qb position is mainly neck up, but then he hasn't show neck up...he has actually show the opposite the more he's played. We need him to be better.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They are making stories by twisting and misrepresenting what Khan actually said which was basically saying absolutely nothing

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    My take is that Justin Fields is 24yo, with 3 yrs experience in this league so he is younger then Kenny. He is more dynamic and offers more as a mobile QB. He has been getting better as a passer since he has been in the league. Lots of Bears fans would prefer to keep him, which tells you something. Put him in this offense with the pieces we have in place and I think he flourishes. I believe George Pickens flourishes aswell as he is not afraid to throw deep...so lump Calvin Austin and his speed into that aswell. The play action offense that the Steelers are trying to implement with our strong duel headed monsters as RB and a mobile QB in Fields puts pressure on the defense and opens up the passing game. I wanted Kenny to succeed but I've seen enough to believe it's not the OC and more mental like some posters have stated. We won't have a chance to make a trade for a QB of Fields pedigree or be in a position to get a young QB in the top of the draft because the team is always drafting late teens, early 20s.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it’s pretty clear he has had conversations with Chicago about Fields. How much of an interest is anyones guess.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Clear from what

Omar said nothing to this extent

Who else would have been on the call

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Besides the non denial? Just a gross derelict of duty if they havent.

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He has improved for three years and he still isn't good. That should tell you something, too.

• Winner Winner x 2
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That non denial was the answer he was giving to anyone asking any question about any player

And then someone made it clickbait

He didn’t deny killing Kennedy either

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1