1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I was right "2019 Draft was worst in years and set us back"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, May 1, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think he was on the way to doing just that in 2020, but that knee injury robbed him of the chance and it was the beginning of the end of the Steelers' chances of doing any real damage in the playoffs. That defense was rounding into something special right up to the moment Bush crumpled to the ground against the Browns.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Been living in the Pitt area most of the last 40 yrs. I cant remember a yr where fans didn’t think it was a great draft. This one is no exception. Darryl Simms, Rhino Reinstra, Artie Burns were great picks. Jarvis Jones was SEC player of the yr and we got him! Limas Sweed and Matavis Bryant flat out steals! I’ll wait and see. Don’t dislike any of the picks, but that OL doesn’t look like it’s gonna be better.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    2 be fair M . Bryant was a steal. His smoking habits is what made that not so good.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, there is no comparison between Limas Sweed and Martavis Bryant. Bryant was a force at WR for the last half of '14 and most of '15. The only memorable thing Sweed ever did was the block in the AFC Championship game vs. Ravens..... and the drop before that.

• Agree Agree x 1