1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I want the Steelers 6-0 going into Baltimore...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 28, 2020.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I wouldn't be too scared of the Eagles. Their history against us is that their DC Schwartz brings a ton of pressure on Ben to force sacks or bad throws. Not only do they not have the guys up front to pull this off effectively anymore, they REALLY don't have the guys on the back end in the secondary to tackle if they don't get there. I have a feeling Schwartz will try to bring blitzes and we will repeatedly burn them. If we can use our tight ends they have no one back there who can tackle them. Vance should have a field day running these runts over!

I'm definitely more scared of the Browns.

2. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I laughed when they drafted him thinking all he was was the next RG3. I'm not laughing anymore.

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    2020 definitely sucks. We've got the pandemic and a scary browns team. That they can still run down peoples' throats without Chubb is bad news. I think our front 7 is up to the task, but a very good running browns team is only going to make Baker and co. more confident and effective.

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Getting Ben out of the Eagles game in one piece worries me. Duck can handle the Browns, LoLandry handled the Browns. First Energy stadium's best qb to date is Big Ben.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I have reasons to be scared ****less for the Eagle's game and your post made me feel a whole lot better.

Absolutely the Browns are going to be trouble. Mayfield had a tough second season and we were saying same old Browns but this is not your Grandmother's Browns. IMO AFC North has 4 good QB's now and 3 of them have best years ahead.

Again, thanks for post. I'll sleep at little better tonight:)

6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Well crud. I wasn't thinking about that, but now that you mention it, the Eagles game seems like it has a dark cloud over it. The kind of dark cloud that brings a W at a price.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Why are you so scared of that crappy team lol

8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Your turn will come when and IF we play Dallas.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Maybe. I mean with all this crap going on everywhere, suffering smack talk from a rival hometown team is pretty trivial.

10. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Agree but it's a long story when it comes to this rival.

11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Spit it out

12. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I had the upper hand for a long time and they always remember my boasting. In 2004 my sisters made a cake half eagles/half Steelers and we had tons of fans from both sides. Steelers dominated whole game. A lot of eagle fans walked out during 3rd quarter. Things have been a bit nasty ever since. I got destroyed when they destroyed us in 2012. All this week eagle **** has been left on my car at the golf club. I can tell their confidence is low but they got numbers on me. Trust me, should we blow them out they will do everything in their power to avoid me.

I have same problem with the Flyers. Their fans HATE HATE HATE Sidney Crosby and believe me I've been enjoying the upper hand I've had for awhile.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We won in 2012. I was at that game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We destroyed them in 2004, they killed Ben in 2008(we won it all that year so who cares), we won in 2012, and they destroyed us in 2016.

All that matters is:
    6>1

and pens 5>2

Steelers and pens are the better teams, better fans, better colors, better players. Only thing we can thank philly for is stopping Brady

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    To be honest, Philly hockey fans pretty much hate everything. You literally have to sign a waiver if you have seats on the glass that you accept being beaten up by Philly fans if you don't dry hump the glass in front of you if someone gets boarded there.

But as bad as they are, they don't hold a candle to Predator fans. Nashville has got to have the most idiotic/rude fans on the planet. (and for some of you who really need to know this...this is opinion. I have no stats for you to back this up. There is no win/loss record I can offer you to prove the validity of my statement, because, obviously, the only stat that matters in the entire freaking world is win/loss.)

16. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    True story: I did have seats right in front of glass. Went with a Flyer fan co-worker. Damn Pens lost the game in OT but months later by pure chance my nephew picked up a SI magazine in a Doctor's office and saw an article on the Flyers and the picture SI took had me and girl I went with in the back ground. He took magazine from office and I had lots of fun showing people.

17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Got mixed up with 2016.

• Like Like x 2
  18. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What does a trap game look like?

A clearly inferior team comes in, after a good road win. Catches a team off a bye week that bitches about how their sched got disrupted.

Steelers prob win, but they may be surprised that the weakling actually came to play.

For recent example: see last week NC St vs Pitt

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This would be a trap game if the Eagles did not beat up San Fran; a beat up San Fran team that, for the First Half, had Philly on the ropes. For that matter, this would be a trap game if Philly did not have Carson Wentz. A middling defense with a sub par QB is what I would call a trap game as the opponent is under gunned.

However, as stated before, this Philly team is not to be underestimated. That Front Seven has been Top 5 for at least five years now. Adding Darius Slay only made Philly better, his performance against San Fran last week being his best as an Eagle.

In short?! Sunday's contest will be much tougher than people think. Even if our Offensive Line is doing good, this will be their biggest test yet. For that matter, let us see how well Chuks Okorafor can continue his promising audition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This. The eagles are a weak team with a weak QB. Another overrated media darling.

But alas, I guess I can understand the paranoia due to playing down to inferior opponents, Popcorns staple.

I still feel this will be another W keeping them undefeated as long as the jiffy pop stays off the stove ;)

21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    This @steel machine All you have to do is remind a Filthadelphia fan it's been 45 years since they won a Cup. That usually shuts them up.

[​IMG]

22. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Ben on the glass for a couple Pens' games. It's a great experience (albeit an expensive one) but you can't see what's going on for crap. Sat a couple rows behind our bench once as well when we played LV. Fleury sat out that game and I just missed getting his actual stick that he tossed over the glass.