1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I can only imagine.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by takenoprisoners1, Nov 18, 2018.

1. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    what the Jaguars fans are saying about their team's performance today. Actually, I don't have to imagine. It probably sounds like the Steelers board in all those games where we built a lead and then watched as the team got too conservative, going away from the plays that had just gotten them their first touchdown of the game to go up 16-0. But am I ever glad they decided to.

That being said, I forgot for a moment. I forgot to believe. Even on the heels of a 5-game win streak when the decisions the Steelers were making (during the streak) were mostly positive, especially on 3rd downs, I forgot. And when James Conner dropped the 2 critical passes, including the one where he walks into the end zone, I forgot.... I forgot what they have been doing all year in pressure situations when it mattered.

I won't forget again.... (until, of course, Ben throws his next interception.... you guys will have to remind me).

GO STEELERS!

• Like Like x 5
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Hopefully Conner got his bad game out of the way. Steelers can't make that many mistakes in January and expect a win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    At this point, who really cares what they think. The better team won. We’re on to Denver. A team that just beat the Chargers.

4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    They can talk all their trash to their TV's this year while they watch us in the playoffs!

• Like Like x 2
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm assuming they're all saying the same thing, that Bortles needs to go. They should have had a huge lead, but Bortles sucks. The only thing Jax did all day was run the ball because they clearly have no faith in Bortles to get the job done. With a great QB, you're always in the game. With a terrible QB, the other team is always in the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Here is some:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn...ons-collapse-pittsburgh-steelers?platform=amp

“This is as tough as it gets. There are going to be some games you definitely lose and you’ll definitely win. But when it comes down to that last play, and you’re on the losing side of it, those hurt, especially in a situation where we’re a desperate team in need of a win.”

- Calais Campbell

Trying to find more but unable currently. Will obtain more soon.

7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I suspect Conner is still feeling the effects of his concussion even though he is cleared to play.

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I would want Bortles gone. You can win in the nfl if you can’t throw it too.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I am just glad we will not have to play them in the playoffs. The Steelers bring out the best in the Jags, and the Jags bring out the worst in Ben.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Their defense was lights out for 43 minutes. It turned out that that wasn't good enough. We've witnessed it first hand when the team had an all world defense, but Kordell Stewart as our QB. And I think Kordell was better than Bortles. Either way, Ben needed to be great for one quarter, and he was.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

UUGHHHH great another loos in my pickem this week

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

They have always matched up well agaist us.. From the moment they entered the league

13. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Ya Conner dropping those two passes were huge and those kinds of things can’t happen moving forward. With that being said, how many big plays did the Steelers make the last few drives in that 4th quarter. Guys like McDonald and Ju Ju were huge. How many big plays late has Ju Ju made in games that have helped the Steelers win games. This game reminded me a lot of the game they won against the Jags in 2008 10 years ago the last Super Bowl season. Ben made some great plays late in that game and Ward scored a TD late to win the game 26-21. The Steelers avenged 2 losses at home to the Jags from the 2007 season that year, just like they did today with the 2 losses at home last year.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree, was at both games, very similar games with thousands of Steeler fans at both games.

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I think Conners felt more of the effect of the Jags defensive front completely dominating most of the game. This wasn't one of our OL's best showings. Can't run when there is nowhere to go.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Problem is they didn't "Go" conservative.

They don't let Bortles throw that much when they want to win anyway.

Their defense didn't go prevent either. They were playing the same way the whole game down to that last drive, where the refs absolutely had to call the holds and PI.