1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I am surprised there are no Covid cases this year in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Nov 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    i hear ya and we all have personal stories that will argue each other’s findings or recommendations.

I have not known a person to die from Covid that wasn’t already half in the grave or hell bent on getting there. My cousin caught his wife cheating and drowned himself in vodka 3 bottles a day for a month. Totally oblivious to the first 2 weeks of the lockdown. Kept him on support for a couple of weeks and called it Covid when they pulled the plug. He was an alcoholic prior and told the next go round seals the deal and that doc was right. And a few other stories in the same spirit.

In the early onset the debate was died of or died with but the certs all said the same.

I have known a handful that have passed suddenly after partaking of operation warp speed and went to the hospital with Covid but died suddenly of other causes.

it’s all weird and I have no reasonings why other than those of nefarious lore but am glad to say to each their own and hope the world goes along with it because the pandemic of the non shot has lost its old headline and thunder as it were.

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    In other news if our team had half a brain cell and a nut to back it up we’d be whittling away at this division hahahahaha

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Here we go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Where you going?

Not even up for discussion I guess. Go ahead and drink the Koolaid.

5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Steelers are so terrible we are talking about Covid again? :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Strangely enough, the flu is back though.

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually....I was thinking the same thing. See We can agree on some things. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    it just sucks instead of arguing about how bad MT is or isn’t I would so much rather be talking about upcoming games or post season football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I'm getting ready to go to a 70,000 seat stadium tomorrow with my son to see the Steelers where John Melloncamp sits for the National Anthem.

https://www.outkick.com/john-mellen...popcorn-than-stand-for-national-anthem-photo/

Aint that America.

Covid is a Gain of Function disease that many want to ignore.

I, for one, will not ignore what they have done.

Hoping for a Steelers victory tomorrow night and all of us leaving happy and healthy. I don't worry about it anymore.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Kool Aid is good!

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    As long as you have your terrible towel mask on and bring back a L. Keep the #2 pick dreams alive.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  12. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    We are not getting #1 Houston has that on lock

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Some people live on it.:swoon:

14. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Wait unvacc can finally visit Canada? They still scanning foreheads?

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers will make it interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if they swept the overrated Ravens and won 5 of their last 7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not strange at all. This is a side effect of a huge percentage of people wearing masks for a long time, then suddenly, most people stopped.

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I cleared in to Prince Rupert from Ketchikan in early Sept. and did the whole clearance over the phone. You have to fill out your info on the ArriveCan app, including your vax status but, they didn't require a covid test. It's possible that anyone who'd never been vaccinated would be quarantined.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Just think if our OL did..

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Funny how laws on vaccine were done 2 years prior. Funny how a drug was labeled a wormer, yet already FDA approved for what it actually did. Funny how you sneeze and fart at the same time and you have it.

20. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I'll look into it. Thanks. I need to meet some of my friends up there to do some crawling.

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The anti vax movement hits close to home for me. Very close. My dad was the healthiest 75 year old you’d ever meet. He hemmed and hawed about whether to be vaxxed when it was available to his age group because there were “news” people he liked who were skeptics, or downright anti vax. He went into the hospital with COVID in Feb of ‘21. Before COVID he was healthy as a horse and looked like he was in his early 60’s. Since COVID he has been more or less homebound with destroyed lungs, looks 90 and takes 5 minutes to walk a couple hundred feet with an oxygen tank at nearly max output. He lost 3 cousins to COVID in a 4-5 week span earlier this year, all of whom refused to be vaxxed. I went to the funeral of one cousin with him, a wonderful aunt of mine in her early 70’s whose daughter convinced her not to be vaxxed. Her daughter was utterly devastated.

In my family, friends and coworker circles I’ve known several people who have either died or been hospitalized with COVID. Every single one was unvaxxed. I’ve known about 25x more vaccinated people who have had COVID than unvaccinated people who’ve had it, yet among those 25x people there have been zero severe illnesses, even among the oldest and most frail. My experience leaves me zero doubt that the vaccines have prevented severe illness.

I’m closing this thread now. It’s definitely in danger of going off the rails, as this this subject usually does.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.