1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How will last night be handled.

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by thorn058, Jan 3, 2023.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    @Thor has NFL fantasy football contacted you about last night's game? I had Burrow and the Bills rookie running back heading into that game and down 20 points roughly.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    No. They won't have anything until the NFL comes to a decision on how they plan to handle resuming the game, if they even choose to do so. They've already announced it won't be resumed this week, so they either do it in week 19, sliding the playoffs back and eliminating the SB bye week, or they cancel it and use winning percentages to determine playoff seeds and tiebreakers.

Right now the concern is - rightfully so - still with Hamlin and his family, as he battles to breathe on his own. I saw this evening he has some lung damage and was flipped onto his stomach to help the blood in his lungs, and has gone to 50% ventilator. That's a good step.

Really awesome to see the outreach of support, including millions donated to his charity within a few hours. Good quote from his uncle tonight:

• Like Like x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No doubt thoughts and prayers for the young man. I'm not in the winners bracket so I wasn't really worried I do it for fun but was curious if they had emailed the league managers.

4. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Right now they're treating it like a game still on tap to be played. Not sure what they'll do if the NFL cancels it, though I suppose taking the stats from the Bills/Bengals players this weekend is a possibility for leagues like ours that concluded with Week 17.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The other league I’m in was playing the championship game that weekend, one guy was down by 6 points with Chase heading into that game.

Me and the other commissioner presented several options, in the end, they agreed to split the pot and be co-champions. They were classy about it, no fighting.

• Like Like x 1