1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How does Watt fare vs top RT’s?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jul 28, 2022.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I keep hearing he plays weak side that’s why he is so good. Does anyone know if he does well vs top right tackles?

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    When you're widely considered the best edge rusher in the league, it's safe to assume that you do fairly well against top tackles regardless of which side it is

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is just excuses for people that don't like Him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the left/right side being better tackle is on the way out, with how the defenses move players around.

That's the entire purpose of moving them, to get better match-ups. By that token I guess JJ and Donald should be knocked because they move all over the line to get better match-ups.

He did grow as a pass rusher when they moved him though, but when was the last time you saw James Harrison swapped and effective against the weaker competition? All in your skill set and what you can do.

TJ is better at the side he's on no question, but we've seen him show the skills to be effective on the opposite side and dropping into coverage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    My two favorite comments about Watt by a Steeler hater (Brown fan) 1) most his sacks came against second and third string tackles. 2) The other D-line men cleared a easy path to QB for him. (that one gave me a good chuckle)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I know it’s ridiculous but you guys have more knowledge about this than I do. Either way haters gonna hate

• Agree Agree x 1