1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

hold the phone

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by GoalLine, Dec 24, 2011.

1. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    something I just read in Tomlin's post game conference. The question was regarding Brown's special teams tackle. "I didn’t see it actually. I was talking to Ike Taylor and William Gay on a defensive adjustment." What is everyone's consensus with this statement?

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    is a news , tomlin talk about adjiustaments

3. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    That a head or any coach cant watch every play in a game. Ts a defensive guy he has a large foot print in this D.

4. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I listened to Tunch and Wolfe on the radio and Tomlin ask Wolfley while on the sideline if he thought a ball was caught. The play that was challenged while they were reviewing it. Maybe he's just joking around, I don't know but it seemed rather odd that he would ask a sideline reporter this instead of talking to his upstairs guys. Chalk up another win for Coach Tomlin though so I won't complain. Just wish I could have watched the game. :(

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I have nothing to say...its nothing different than what has gone on in every other game.

6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My consensus is that Tomlin was coaching.

7. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    :this!: Much ado about nothing.

8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I originally posted this thread in jest since some state that we never make adjustments.

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Ahhh :scratch:

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't see the problem. Suppose he was watching. What's he going to do, flag down the players' attention to tell them it's a fake punt? Watching wouldn't have helped that particular play. Yeah, maybe watching is a good idea because it could conceivably help on a future punt, but:

A) we have a special teams coach that is probably more suited to handle those adjustments anyway, and
    B) making adjustments based on problems he saw is exactly what he was doing, for our DEFENSE. That's far more important, not to mention more in former secondary coach Tomlin's wheelhouse.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ike's shoelaces were uneven.