1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines ward comments on big ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Feb 19, 2019.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Do your job is not specific. Brady generalized that towards the entire team and that was him saying that on the sideline during a game. How is do your job saying man I just threw that int because of do your job? That is entirely different than a guy using a public speak platform to say what he wishes he coulda did. So what is he saying by I wish I could have thrown to juju 4x? What is he saying by Todd haley is the one who wanted me to run a play on that last drive but I wanted to spike it? What is he saying when say what he said about James washington? Care to explain since we just took it the wrong way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So can you show me Brady, manning, Montana, breed, etc.. blaming another play for why they made a mistake. Show me them blaming a coordinators call for why they messed up.

3. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't know because are we going to debate semantics? I could point it out to you, but I suspect you would probably have your own spin on whatever I said. In other words, I could tell you that you are sitting on a landmine, and if you decided it was an egg, you would sit there until the last thing to go through your head is your hindquarters! If it makes you feel better, you can type any of those guys you mentioned into google and add "calls teammates out" after their names and find a number of articles related to them berating their teammates (you can do the same for offensive coordinators too).

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Never seen it. That's why all these players are criticizing Ben for his leadership including non Pittsburgh and former Pittsburgh players. Sanders even went as far as to say I'm now playing with a real leader when he started playing with peyton.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This guy just wants to argue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You are correct. I love to argue sports.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    He's come to the right place.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Right. Can you point to any sustained discussion you’ve had on this board that actually relates to football instead of money and locker room lawyer crap?

• Like Like x 2
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ever notice he rarely answers a question directly?

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Plenty in the past but most havent been noted because just strictly terms of football x's and o's I havent had many if any disagreements here. It has mainly been the other stuff you just mentioned.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And then look at what Colbert just said. That's peoples problem with Ben now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The defense wasn't elite in the Super Bowl against Green Bay, Rodgers schooled them :facepalm:.

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I kind of did.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Because its rodgers.. he was playing at that point in time peak wise maybe the greatest we've ever seen. Hes certainly the greatest talent to ever play the position so... but that's like saying the LOB wasnt great because Brady schooled them. It happens. Sometimes great players humble other great players. They were ranked #1 that yr and polamalu was dpoy.

15. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Lebeau got schooled. Had he played man like he did the pats the following year I believe it was, number 7 was theirs.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That was a tough matchup, Rodgers was throwing darts in that SB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Rodgers was a stud that postseason, but my biggest disappointment was the pass rush, Woodley and Harrison did nothing in that game.

18. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Indeed it was... I'll always believe had Lebeau made that adjustment to man up and bump the wr's that the D would've been more effective in getting home and would've changed the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Let’s not forget that the defense did stiffen after going down 21-3. We were driving with an opportunity to take the lead in the 4th quarter when Mendy fumbled and shifted the momentum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I remember the GB WRs dropping a lot of balls early in that game . A couple if I remember were probably TDs ,so just as easily that game could of been over quickly as well. If my memory serves me correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Yessir... Why I think Lebeau and an adjustment would've made it an easier hill to climb. That ga e plan Lebeau had with his last win against NE would've worked.

22. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Hines: “To me it all starts with the head coach Mike Tomlin,” Ward told Yahoo Sports before the Super Bowl. “When you give some leniency with players based on whatever, you’re only fining them — a player can only do what you allow them to do.”

After reading some of his comments, I have to agree. It`s all about discipline and that begins with Tomlin. Tomlin lets certain players get away with stuff, then others want some.

The thing is it is tough to control a franchise QB. If he starts talking retirement when he doesn`t get what he wants, that is a huge threat. I suppose the only thing Tomlin could have done early on after the handoff from Cowher was to nip it in the bud in the beginning and be a discipline coach instead of a players coach. Maybe Ben would never have used his leverage and the problem would not have spread.

Tomlin cannot all of the sudden be a disciplinarian. The only way to change the culture is to bring in a no nonsense HC who right off the bat says he will not tolerate BS and if you don`t like it, ask to be traded or retire now.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It would be nice if you could do it in an orderly logical fashion. You respond with random tangents and get hung up on myopic points.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011