1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines ward comments on big ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Since I believe it's more like 20 miscreants to 1 lawyer, I figured 10 to 1 was safe, and no, research isn't needed, just eyes and ears. Sure they learned something, but what they learn has little to do with the 4 year education you referenced.

2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    okay, I still love you man, lol, however I'll say it, Tomlin is bad and his coaching style is getting old and stale, and we agree that a change is needed now for the good of the team.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree that it changes needed, but it’s not happening this coming season. No sense in continuing to ***** and moan about it.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

You should probably pay more attention to the patriots because Brady has definitely called out his teammates. Screaming at them “do your job” repeatedly

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Do your job is not the same as saying if x didnt run this route I wouldnt have thrown this pick. If x didnt tell me to call this play I wouldnt have done this. I wish I would have thrown to x everytime instead of throwing to z. Apples to oranges.. saying do your job is not finger pointing and saying hey dont look at me I wasnt the one who did x,y, and z.

6. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

And Ben has never said those things. Ben has never said I wasn’t the one who did x,y, or z. Quit making **** up for yet another one of your losing arguments

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So he didnt say it wasnt my fault why I threw the intercepiton ab ran the wrong route. He didnt criticize several times the playcalling of Todd haley? He didnt call out James Washington publicly. I can go on..

8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

No, he didn’t. On the pass intended to AB that was intercepted he said “ I told AB he has to come flat in the end zone he can’t drift” oh the horror!

Juju had 169 or 189 yards and clearly the hot hand. He said I thought we should have gone to juju 4 times. Not exactly criticizingplaycalling

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No that juju thing was a SHOT at AB. And they asked him WHAT HAPPENED on the interception and he said AB didnt run the route correctly. That is saying had he ran the route correctly I wouldnt have thrown that int. He blamed Todd haley for the interception in NE saying he wanted the spike the ball and haley told him to run a play.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Don't forget Ben also blamed Pouncey for blocking Denver's DL into the end zone, putting him in position to make the int.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben has always taken the passive aggressive approach to everything he says. It's not by accident,it's calculated. It's part of him. Some see the flaw in it and some don't. It's a matter of opinion and perspective. One can only hope he learns a little something about his approach after everything that has happened. Probably not . He's been that way his whole career and probably in life ......but it could only help if he did.
    Its more important what he does between the lines at this point in his career. It's probably too late to become something he's not....

With AB on his way out the door it's gonna take more sacrifice from a lot of guys to keep the window from slamming shut. That's a whole new conversation for another day.

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben blamed Fichtner, Pouncey and Ab for the pick he threw on that play. It was a Big Ben triple threat. He also threw James Washington under the bus in that game, making it a Big Ben grand slam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Why be passive,when you can be agressive or is it why be aggressive when you can be passive. I'm not really sure how that works or maybe I do. I don't know....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Go read what Ben said again.

15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

That isn’t what he said. Go look it up read and at least make an attempt to comprehend what was said.

16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I just did, and you're right. I left out the part where Ben also blamed the loss on the blocked field goal.
    It was a Big Ben 'Shoot the Moon'!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

You have grout on the brain

• Like Like x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Holee shyt this offseason is going to long.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Go lock yourself in the Draft Room it's much more peaceful and there's actual hopes and dreams....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Despite Ben's 4 redzone ints, I think the Steelers led the league in redzone efficiency.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nope, the defense was in it's prime in 2008.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Jelly Much?

23. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It's exactly the same... Only difference is how someone takes the criticism. As far as throwing to X everytime instead of Z goes, he did not say "I wish I would have thrown to JuJu 4 times INSTEAD of AB" he said 4 times and JuJu but did not add the instead of ABor anybody else BS you bring up. again it's all how somebody takes it, even here with a bunch of nobody opinionated fans included.

I might agree that "DO YOUR JOB" is a little more PC for fragile folks these days, but it means exactly what it means! It means quit F'n up and get your **** straight! Or atleast it used to what do I know? I'm from the era where folks apologized for being stupid and admitted they had whatever coming and showed up for court dates as well as even when they indeed got a ****ty deal, they did the right thing or they didn't and went with the current either way. I guess it's purely a platform thing aimed at rallying the other halfwits that are outnumbered a100-1 in common sense but seem to appear larger in group on social media. Hahahahahahaha but I assure you it's exactly the same.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Pointing out deficiencies is exactly what a leader does whether they belong to the leader or others. A good leader will be honest about problems no matter who they belong to. I think what you really mean to argue (or at least I hope) is the method of delivery. The effectiveness of the delivery can be argued all day...knock yourself out with that argument!

25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Offense was better in 2010... the defense was still ELITE in 2010.