1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hines ward comments on big ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Quite frankly, you haven't made a point yet. I simply don't understand where your confidence comes from? You have yet to make a single point to demonstrate it, you just keep saying wait and see. The getting out of hand is not "of late" as you suggest. It has been getting out of hand for quite some time and it's just now boiling over.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    First you said since Art 2 took over then you said last 2 years and now it’s quite some time.
    And my point is that drama has happened plenty over the years.
    My confidence comes from our track record as an organization.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    What I said was that the fall of the Steelers seems to coincide with the rise in Art II's control; some things have become ugly more recently than others. And yes, the inmates running the prison has been a long time building. I used to share your confidence in our track record, never questioned the Rooney's cause I believed they knew a little more than me, but lately our track record includes a lot of garbage.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m going to enjoy watching the team. Not going to ***** about everything about them. Do I have concerns? Sure, but I can’t control that stuff.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    To put things in perspective a bit, we were 13-3 just a year ago, and I think a rational argument can be made that Shazier’s injury was a key difference between legitimately contending and falling short (the defense’s performance with/without him last year bear that out).

Yeah, things aren’t great at the moment, but it’s not like the Steelers are the dregs of the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I was okay with what you were saying until you mentioned Noll and Tomlin in the same breath. Shame on you for even comparing the two. Coaching wise it is not even close, it's like comparing a Rolls Royce with a go-cart. I don't care what was Noll's record at the end. Tomlin couldn't even be a position coach for Noll.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Really? The vast majority went to a 4 year university. Many have masters degrees. Steve Young is a lawyer.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just because they went to a 4 year university doesn’t make them educated. 60 % don’t graduate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The sad reality is even with all of this drama BS, the STeelers would have been in the playoffs if Boswell would have put a couple key kicks through. Funny how something so small but so big is missed with people throwing coolers all around :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This isn't the best team Tomlin has had :facepalm:, don't be fooled by some stars on offense into thinking this is their best team. The 2008 team is the best team he has had.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, you think that 60% don't learn ANYTHING?? You don't have to graduate to get an education

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Look guy I love Noll, but I’m just trying to keep things in perspective.
    Tomlin isn’t even close to being as bad as some of you claim. It’s time for a change though.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This is a great point. We’re just lacking some talent on defense or most of this drama never happens. Steelers are used to winning and the frustration spills over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    True but the more that I hear about AB I have go think ticking time bomb. Not a matter of if he would explode but when. I'd have preferred it at the tail end of his career personally.

15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't care what you said before or how you feel I was making a point about your comment on how Noll was bad the last 10 years and comparing that to what Tomlin has done. Tomlin has had a franchise QB he never had to find one, when Noll had a franchise QB he was pretty good to. Best damn coach in our history, better than Cowher and better than Tomlin. My comment wasn't about Tomlin being gone or wanting him gone.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well I don’t care what you say now or ever for that matter.
    So there’s that. Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I think what you're seeing is that everything gets put out there now and dummies think that their side of an argument is justified because they have a Twitter following.

Fools sitting here thinking they're underappreciated when they were made the highest paid receiver before they had racked up the on field clout...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Hell they only got Ben because they stunk the joint up with a 6-10 season in order to be where they were to get him!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I am like everyone on here. We all loved LB and AB. I think we have all grown tired of many things, but this organization will survive. We always find receivers. Outside of Rod Woodson, I can't remember too many players who leave Pitt with much success.

Bell is one bad drug test from joining Martavis. All we needed was a couple FG's to go through. In the future we just need a corner and linebackers who can cover as well. To beat the Patriots....when it's 3rd down and crunch time.....if a 50's number is matched up with a receiver, it's check routes with the athlete on the LB. Tom wont stand back there long and gets rid of it quick. The Patriots will run the ball and keep it out of your hands vs the really high powered offenses. They are currently playing like the old Giants winning with Simms and Hostetler. We beat them this year as well. With our OL, if we go out and get some defenders and restructure some veteran contract, then grind it out more offensively giving those guys on defense a rest from time to time. Patriots are doing it and a top offense in the league. We can't try to outscore people all the time.

Lets be realistic. We will be better without them. Addition by subtraction. It takes a team to make the dream. The last time I checked, most QB's have to be to a D#ck while managing multiple personalities in the locker and huddle. I wish Ben would not say anything on the radio show. Would it be better if Ben tweeted those comments?? These guys are all human. They are all frustrated. It's much easier to find top replacements for running backs and receivers. Franchise QB's who have led your team to 3 Super Bowls and won 2 of them don't come around often....... Ahhhhh....yeah....Ben isn't going anywhere.

Our top 2 championship QB's in our history have similar personalities. They do get frustrated and a little bi-polar. Hey you can lose with them, but you can't win without them......like it or not.....

20. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I have to say I agree with SteelersGlenn. The following link is a good example of some of the issues he has already brought up:

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-the-no-1-distraction-in-team-history-19690727

The above link is just one example, you can easily find others related to Noll or Cowher teams. As with anything, success cures many ills. I think we are coming off a disappointing season which has been compounded by issues with Bell, Brown, Tomlin, and Ben (to name a few).

I will say this does not absolve Tomlin of criticism; however, I don’t think it is fair to say we have never encountered drama of this magnitude.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Looking forward to Bell & Brown leaving, the drama is tired already, get back to the Steeler way. Give Ben another year then I would like to see him slowly ushered out the door. I just don't trust him down in red zone situations. Hate it every time he's shotgun inside the 5 yard line with no RB's...

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Them going to a 4 year university had absolutely nothing to do with education. For every intelligent/educated NFL player there are 10 who's "only" knowledge is street knowledge.

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Possibly the best balanced talent, you're right. I was referring to Tomlin's talent in general.

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    2010 imo overall had the best talent on both sides. They just played a better team in the sb that had Aaron Rodgers playing at its best..

25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    …………...and you've done the research on this? Granted, it wasn't their educational talent that got them the scholarship but, after4 years, they must have learned SOMETHING. Even if, just by osmosis.

And, there ain't nothin' wrong with "street" knowledge!