1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Help the Steelers Sunday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Not saying that, but it is just as much luck as it is a skill now with all teams having access to the same data.

NO took a center last year 2020 at 24th and he's not starting. This year the out of the ones that most wanted on this board, Philly took Dickerson and has him at guard. Meinerz is also at guard for Denver, Myers is on IR for Green Bay. It's almost a guarantee that they panicked and reached for Green After Myers and Humphries went off the board.

I like the Meuth, but if you really wanted a starting center Humphries was the pick there! You do that or you take a guy that might need some work who's more natural to the position in the 3rd and go get you a free agent!

I've been saying it for years that they need a Road Grader at center, not a smaller guy that can move in space. Pouncey had trouble with a bull rush too! He had way better technique than Green, but he still struggled with bigger guys, he was just helped by having big dudes either side of him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Green sucks! Lol

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    So if we win tonight Ben will have to play against the Ravens since the Raven game and the Jacksonville game are both 1:00 games. Should that be the case I say they keep Ben in until Jaguars start getting their ass kicked. How cool would it be if next Sunday our game and the Jags game are tied going into 4th qtr.??

Should Steelers lose tonight it will be Ben's last game as a Steeler.

4. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea as long as they go into Sunday with a chance you gotta play Ben. We’ll see what happens in the Jags Colts game. It’s really the only result the Steelers need to fall their way to get them in if they win these last two games other then the unlikely scenario of the Raiders and Chargers Sunday night game ending in a tie. They don’t need 3 or 4 teams to lose they need just one. I don’t expect the Jags to win against the Colts but again if you are looking for any glimmer of hope that the Jags could win the Colts haven’t won down there since 2014, they played the Colts tough in Indy earlier this year only losing by 6 points to them 23-17. And the Jags have been better this year at home and have played some tighter games at home and found a way to beat the Bills at home this year. So all you can ask for is a chance as slim as it might be going into the Ravens game Sunday and if they can win tonight against the Browns they will at least have that chance.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Jaguars are awful this year. Colts could start backups and win that game.

6. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Win or lose, they are not going to sit BB for the Ravens game.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I have a different mind set on that. Why would he even care to play. Meaningless game and I'm pretty sure his head won't be in it. Besides until we see the draft or a trade we have to assume Mason is our boy next season. Might as well get him another game under his belt.*

*Still won't help that cause.

8. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    BB’s pride won’t allow him to ride the bench if indeed it’s his last game. The team has too much respect for BB to bench him in his last game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Meaningless game? To whom, you, or Ben? I would think that after his entire career as a Steeler, and who knows how many other games he played in his life, and its coming down to one last game, he will be playing as if he will never play football ever again. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1