1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

He is NOT coming to the Steelers!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Jan 23, 2022.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's OK. Better to lose playoff games on our own that to sell the farm for Rodgers and lose them anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    10 years is what Ox was saying as in if the Steelers don't sign Rodgers they will suck for the next decade.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Rodgers gives us a better chance than any other option currently out there to get to and win a SB but only if you go hard after FA Oline help. JMHO.

Everyone thinks he will break the bank and if that's the case then scratch the idea but at least show some interest. Rudolph isn't gonna get us very far.

Might as well blow up the whole team if we're going with Rudolph. Will be wasting a lot of time and valuable years with Watt, Alualu, Tuitt (possibly), Heyward, Minkah, JUJU, Highsmith, Sutton, Johnson, Gentry, Friarmuth and Boz. There are enough talented players to build around Rodgers to make us a contender. Otherwise get used to Cincy dominating the division for years to come.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Between Tomlin and Rodgers how can anyone think they could win a championship? Especially together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Sounds like you got a beef with Ox then. I'm just saying I wouldn't mind seeing us entertain the thought of Rodgers coming here as a stop gap player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hear what You are saying, but Jimmy G shows( 2nd time in an NFC Championship in 3 years) coaching ,a real team ,defense, and a serviceable Qb can get You far. I know He's in the NFC ,but still NFC Qbs He went farther than . Dak, Rodgers, Wilson, Cousins, and K. Murray . Just naming a few.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

You're right. Tomlin will never win another Championship. I'm about 90% convinced of that. Probably Rodgers biggest obstacle in the way of landing him. He probably sees the writing on the wall with this leadership, or lack thereof.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tomlin is savy enough to know when not to get in the way, Rodgers is a diva QB that wants to do what he wants to do. I'd imagine it would be similar to the Chargers and Philip Rivers. Huge stats each year, games won, awards won and then done in by teams playing team ball vs Rodgers doing it all.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    No for me on Rodgers. Not only is he high maintenance but he wld be too expensive as we have needs this year - OL, DL ILB, DB - if we got Rodger we wouldnt have the leverage to get some good players

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Tomlin gets in the way all the time. He just admitted to calling both offensive plays and defensive ones as well when he figured out both coordinators were incapable of performing those tasks. Speaking of coordinators, why is the incapable OC guy still on this staff? Mike doesn't like to ruffle feathers that's why, therefore Canada will still be a part of this team next year. Frankly, he really can't get out of his own way either sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Actually Rodgers praised Tomlin, bizarre as that may seem.

12. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Aaron Rodgers lost 3 times including 2 playoff games to Colin Kaepernick just thought I'd put this out there.
    Still want Rodgers?

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Yes. He will win a title in Pittsburgh.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Why is he suddenly going to win a title in Pittsburgh with an offensive supporting cast that is weaker than the one he had this year in Green Bay?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I think Ox has been hanging with steel_d_curtain who kept making guarantees of the Steelers winning the Super Bowl this year.

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Wait when did he say he was calling offensive plays?

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Facts don't matter to certain people, they just have a feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Yes. Let’s be pragmatic and ask ourselves are we one Aaron Rodgers away from a Super Bowl ring? As much as I’d want to believe so, that’s not the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Because.

20. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Who's steel_d_curtain?

21. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    A member on this board who was making outrageous predictions. One of which was that the Steelers would trade for Trevor Lawrence to replace Ben and that they were guaranteed to win the Super Bowl. He disappeared when his prediction didn't come true. By no means are you as bad as him but you're making a lot of assumptions about Rodgers with no real evidence to support it. Or just because...

22. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe Rodgers and Brady just walk away.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Love how my comment is removed but others or their agenda of why they hate rodgers stays. Pretty pathetic this is what football has come to.

I used to be able to enjoy the game with everyone. But now if I'm not pushing strong to one side, I get bashed. And now players are getting bashed for not following the propaganda side.

Like I said one side can say they hate players for X rreason, as well as fans. While the other side doesn't do that at all.

24. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    And to whatever mod wants to delete my comment and leave the other.... Again, be fair on both sides. And also realize one side makes threads like this, while the other side doesn't care.

And if you want to ban me. So be it of being a hypocrite.

25. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    One of the reasons I continue to love the Steelers is because they stay out of making fights. They can have players wear whatever on the back of the helmet and the entire team shakes hands. Not a single beef towards one another is ever given.

But for our fans in here and now apparently how I'm being censored of stating how several fans admitted their reason to hate rodgers is due to nothing of him being a player.