1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anybody seen Cam Heyward?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 2, 2022.

1. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Cam is a bad bad man but is getting up in football years, what's everyones thoughts on Leal and Ogunjobi to this point. I love Oguns motor.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

No doubt.

All I am saying is that double teams are not as easy to get off for anyone; All Pro's or otherwise. Major reason why I cited Aaron Donald is that he is one of the few I have ever witnessed do it in such succession. Of course he has to be on his game to do so. When he is though?!

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Did you just see Troy's protégé jump a wr screen and go to the house? Damn wish the Steelers could have got him.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Fixed it for you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    Love the guy and what he's been for the Steelers but time is the great equalizer and undefeated. Cam's motor is not what it used to be.
    TJ is such a huge factor in how effective the rest of the Steelers Dline is.

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think you need to realize when somebody is joking around :rolleyes:, maybe next time I will use green font so you can keep up.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok let's say I give you the benefit of the doubt that you were joking last year in the game day thread. What was your meaning in this passage

Cam is one of the highest players on them why?

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think they have been respectful, don't forget they are all without the reigning DPOY. The rotation
    of all these positions is key. They all need to be fresh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Metallica: No Leaf Clover

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Loudermilk was also out, and he's a beast of a man inside.

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Leal has some nice moves and is still pretty quick.

• Like Like x 3
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

These two are going to see more playing time this season than others are giving credit for; doubly so in Leal's case. Per my Final Predictions, a big part as to why I had Leal play all 17 games was due to the Interior Defensive Line getting a bit long in the tooth age wise; Tyson Alualu being one of my biggest concerns. While I will likely prove to be correct about Leal playing in all 17 games, the way that he is playing (namely as a hybrid IDL/EDGE player) definitely warrants more playing time given how well he has been.

I personally hope to see Loudermilk a bit more as he should be on the track to get back from a lingering Rib Injury he sustained back in mid August. Once he is in, have him slowly but surely take over for Wormley. Wormley could very well be gone next season... or elects to stay and become depth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I miss big Snack and Aaron Smith. It was fun when teams couldn’t even try to run on us. This group sucks at stopping the run and it just doesn’t feel like Steelers football. This team has me so irritated.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They've had a hard time stopping the run since they changed the system and allow the DL to get upfield instead of just maintaining gaps.
    Really been going downhill since then, there's no huge NT in the game to take up 2 blockers and allow the LBs to work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Saw him at the corner of either 5th or Forbes on grant but I was busy who knows hahahahaha

17. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    It’s a pass-first league. You have to evolve with it, and something has to be compromised.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It's not too hard to figure out.

He's the main one to focus on now. It's in the offensive game plan to reduce Cam's effectiveness. In my honest opinion I wouldn't sleep surprised if he is more injured than he is letting on.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The Steelers culture of the past, especially on defense, used to be a smash mouth, double dare ya to run on us style of playing. The pride of the team was that other teams feared playing us and their trainers having to work overtime the next several days to patch up players for their next game. The offense didn't need to score so many points to win because our defense didn't allow crap. That is gone, long gone and I really don't know what our culture is to be honest. I at times wonder if the Steeler Nation wants to get that back, and if so, how does that happen? I know the game and players change but why did the culture have to? Or is my interpretation of our current culture just my imagination? JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  20. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I hear that but we can’t necessarily stop the pass either :shrug: