1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good day in the standings for the Steelers…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 11, 2021.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I care because it's the same **** they do year after year. This team is going nowhere.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't be so sure. We will beat browns this week. We may even struggle, but we will win. Nobody knows how this will play out, and 2 just say we won't go 2 the SB...well hell since only 2 go a year....I bet You , and I could guess about 25 other team that probably won't go, and I bet we'd be close...., but we wouldn't know for sure till it's all said , and done. Have Hope.:thumbs_up:, and stop listening 2 all the naysayers

3. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    The 3 losses are all to teams currently in the lead of their divisions.

As you say the Raiders (and the Bengals) were judged by last year's performance, instead of this year so far. And the Packers getting blown out by the Saints probably had people thinking poorly of them.

What is probably of greater importance is the race for the last Wild Card spot. Let's say Raider/Chargers get one, and 2 more from the AFC Central. That leaves the Cleveland, Steelers, Patriots, and the Chiefs (!!).

Looking at their schedules, it is possible that the Pats and even the Chiefs end the season with 8 or 9 losses.
    It is still an uphill climb for the Steelers to get to 10 wins, but it isn't as hopeless as some believe (if some things improve). Knocking down the Browns will be a useful step.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well I disagree the Steelers were the same team since mid last year. A lot happened since last year. The Steelers are not the same team. Different variables at play from last year and this year.

I also disagree that Ben drags the team down. Personally, I think that Ben showed flashes of "old Ben" at times. The issue is consistency. Keep in mind that the offense from the Oline, RB's, and WR's are young. We shall see how the offense progresses as the season progresses. Growing pains are expected from young players.

Ben could have a "Elway" or "Manning" season if the TEAM can find ways to win.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe the Youngest Offense in the League. The Steelers have.
    :beathorse: here, but I can't stop saying How the other completely rebuild line that I know of in the league is in KC...How's that working out...Heck P
    Mahomes couldn't even score Today, and He has Cheetah, and the best TE in the league from what I seen others say...I don't agree , but He's really good....Anyways Funny How some Expect Ben 2 work miracles with a O line that's worse than the KC one, and without the said fastest Wr, and said best TE.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    It's a shame that Ben has very little left in the tank, because the AFC is ripe for the picking. Here's to hoping the o-line solidifies and the Steelers develop an impressive ball control, turnover free offense. Beating Cleveland could be a pivotal win for the season. I doubt it happens, because the Steelers usually come back rusty from a bye. Plus Ben will only practice twice in the last two weeks.

7. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I believe that KC invested quite a bit in their Oline. It appears that Oline is having growing pains as a unit. Or is it that Mahomes isn't play as well? Or did the league catch up to Mahomes and the Chiefs? Or is it that the Chiefs defense hasn't performed well as a unit? Or other factors? Probably a combination of all of the above and other issues.

I push home to folks that it's not easy to win in the NFL. It's not easy to win on any level of sports. Steelers fans take winning for granted. As if winning is a given.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Chiefs haven’t drafted a single player of note since Mahomes, that is their issue. They need a talent injection on both sides of the ball and it has to come through the draft because they can’t afford to do it through free agency

Their GM drafted Mahomes but he has had one of the worst records in the league since then in terms of team building, the Clark trade was not good, Helaire has had no impact etc.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I stand by my statement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Ben's the 68-year old golfer who plays a good hole or two every 18 and thinks if he was just more consistent he could beat his kids again.

11. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Raiders are a problem for the Steelers right now as far as wildcard purposes are concerned because they own the head to head tiebreaker over the Steelers. So if the Steelers are gonna jump the Raiders for a playoff spot they are gonna need to finish with at least one more win then they have because if they finish tied with the Raiders they lose to head to head tiebreaker. The Steelers overall though are right there in this playoff push. They are one game back in the loss column in the division after the Ravens loss today to the Bengals and with this huge game upcoming in Cleveland next Sunday the Steelers have a great opportunity to get to 6-3 if they can beat the Browns and then face the Bears who got destroyed by Tampa today and then the Lions who still haven’t won a game yet. So a big three weeks coming up here for the Steelers. Their playoff chances will really take a major hit if they lose this game in Cleveland. I feel good about this Browns game and I think the Steelers will find a way to win this game.

12. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yikes, only six games played and already talking tie-breaker scenarios. One game at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I never give up on the team as long as they are in contention. I remember 2008 when we got slaughtered on offense by the Eagles and Ben got sacked like 8 times. I thought for sure this team was going nowhere and then they went on a run. We had a lot of ugly wins that year but things fell into place and we ended up with the trophy.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Ok, tough guy, no need to break out the Yoda speak. Cover up your use of numbers for words, it does not.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Lol, I've thought of that game a few times over the years. I was shocked they managed to save Ben's life after that game, much less the season.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    The Chiefs made it to the Super Bowl three straight years, they were bound to regress to the mean at some point. Even the 70's Steelers had a brief refractory period.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    KC made 2 straight not 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    This game against Cleveland is basically the season. A W and the Steelers are still relevant but a L and we should look to be sellers at the deadline.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    AFC is really ripe for the picking!! Maybe by week 13-14 there will be a few horses leading the pack but I think Vegas is going to make good money come Playoff time in the AFC. It's going to be a dogfight I hope the Steelers are involved in.

NFC, yawn. Brady and maybe Packers and Cardinals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Just one more reason to envy the 70s Steelers.

KC will get their o-line sorted. It looks like Mahomes is going to miss a game or two, though, so that might somewhat retard their progress.

21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Two straight years. Those damn patriots won it 3 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Right, I keep forgetting Dee Ford gifted Brady a Super Bowl.

23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I would also add Cowboys in the Mix in the NFC, they are playing solid

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wrong again. You’re making quite a habit of this.. Chiefs went two straight years not three.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yes Chiefs went to AFC Championship game 3 years ago and lost to New England, two years ago they won the Super Bowl and went again last year and lost to the Bucs and Brady

Mightily close to going to the last 3 Super Bowls.

But, I don't think this season KC has a lot of problems.