1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Glad we have Big Ben!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jack LHambert, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    After listening to NFL Network talk about Aaron Rodgers tonight and how the Packers are struggling, due to the fact that Rodgers is under siege every game from a garbage O-Line. It really goes to show you, who the truly elite QB really is...... Big Ben!!! :yeehaw:

Our beloved QB won a SB and went to another one recently, with a patch work O-Line and overcame all the odds. Rodgers, along with Brady fold like a deck of cards when pressure gets to them.
    Just imagine if Ben had all the time, Brees, Brady, Manning and those other so called "elite" QB's had???? :popcorn:

Just glad we have ya #7 :herewego!:

Let's beat some Titans ass tonight!!! :herewego:

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is ridiculous. Rodgers doesn't fold when there's pressure, otherwise he wouldn't have the numbers he has, because he's never had a good Oline, and that includes his record setting year last year.

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :bs:

5. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Obviously you haven't been watching him play this year?????? P.Manning, Brady and Rodgers all fold when there's pressure. Always have, always will. Especially the first two. They are all short, timing based QB's. Disrupt their timing with good pressure and or, hit them a few times and they're rattled the rest of the game. Our QB does not get rattled, he excels!!! :yeehaw:

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    BINGO, I have STATED for years that the single most important
    element in the game today (under these current rules) is GENERATING A PASS RUSH
    even the greatest QB's don't like to get hit, Hell they may even make mistakes and throw INT'S.

7. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I don't like Roethlisberger, but this interesting website ranks him this year as the quarterback that contributes most to their team winning through a complicated algorithm.

Roethlisberger is well above any other quarterback in 2012.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/playerstats.php?pos=QB

The also have a graph that shows how much the Offense and Defense contribute to the scoring. This graph statistically shows what everyone knows the defense isn't contributing as much as the offense this year.

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/teamstat ... zation.php

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    First, Rodgers is a fantastic QB, really admire the way he can fire that football but having said that, I'd still take Ben over him and any other QB because Ben can do something none of them can, stand up to a pass rush. His ability to extend plays can't be duplicated by anyone else in the league and as you can see, once the rest of his skills have been polished as they have been this year, Ben is tearing it up.

9. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i agree. Ben has finally put it all together as a qb. too bad the defense is so bad now and Bens abilities might be wasted as far as winning any super bowls.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is only the most important Steeler since the dynasty years.

11. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    i agree. Ben has finally put it all together as a qb. too bad the defense is so bad now and Bens abilities might be wasted as far as winning any super bowls.[/quote
    This is what really bothers me. Ben playing lights out and were still pitiful. If the steeler brass is ever going to spend some money in free agency it's time to do it this upcoming offseason.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    All I know is all those qb's that they mention have better numbers then ben but i will say that ben has the uncanning ability to extend the play and make a lot out of a little.I just wish that he would practice one on one a little more with his wr's

13. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ben hasn't played lights out near the end of games when the team needed it the most.

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    During the sit down chats I just wish he would stop saying , " I won't be at the top of the list in the fantasy pools picks, but I'll be at the top of the list of QB's who you'll want in there for a last second winning drive" ( yeah he's up there in the stat department, but for this year)

so far this year he's 0-2 after saying that ( oak and tenn ) he's jinxing himself
    ( ok i forgot about the eagles game so he's 1-2)