1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving back

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Stone, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I have been fortunate enough to kill a couple deer so far this year and while I have 3 more tags between Ohio and Pa. I will probably only want the meat from one more.

If anyone knows a needy family who could benefit from meat, I will gladly use one of my $40 tags, and my time (which isn't really a sacrifice:cool:) and deliver it to the butcher where they can simply pick up the meat and pay the cutting fee.

The cutting fee is about $69 and I will donate the largest deer I get to make sure they get 40-50 pounds of meat.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Very nice of you. Being several hundred miles away, I don’t know anyone in that situation, but I’m sure you can find someone. A lot of hardship going around right now.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I hunt in Pa. too. Up in the ANF near Marienville and can probably take a deer to Chad & Dads just south of Marienville?

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ve gotta think there’s a good chance someone on the board knows a family in that general area who fits. I’m in Connecticut, so I know very few people out in Western PA or Ohio.

• Like Like x 1