1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gerry Dulac calls decision to play Kenny Pickett shameful....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Nov 23, 2022.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There's no guarantee those QBs in 2023 will be any good either, and the Steelers won't have a high enough draft pick anyway.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Idk about 2024. I think they will have a high pick. And it was even less of a guarantee that Pickett was going to be great.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    They possibly could've. Colts are 7th right now in the draft and are only 1 game behind the steelers.

4. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    With the Steelers remaining schedule, they’re going to get 1-2 wins guaranteed, possibly even 3, unless they try to intentionally lose. They’re not going to be in line for a top-5 pick. I’m not even sure they’ll get into the top-10.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Not guaranteed

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Not relevant. They aren't going to pick high enough to get the top quarterback in this draft. You seem to be dismissing guys who aren't the first quarterback taken, so by your logic, that would be all that matters. You are also claiming that the top guy, probably Young, has been surpassed by Caleb Williams, anyway, so how great can he be?

:hehehe:

7. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    To get the kind of QB you want, a team needs to actively tank. We can debate the merits of tanking, but it’s pointless because the Steelers won’t do it. The only way they’re going to be able to draft a franchise QB is luck. They’re never going to have the number 1 pick, or be in a position to make a reasonable trade for the top pick.

8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I never said you had to be the top guy to be good.

9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Dulac has a great picture of exactly what I thought I saw when I watched the game. Did Smith slam Kenny's head to the ground by grabbing his face make?

To me this pictures sure looks like he is grabbing on to the bottom bar of his face mask.
    upload_2022-12-12_16-33-12.png

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's not Dulac. That's Kovacevic's site.

And yes, it absolutely looked like he slammed him down by the facemask and the body. Terrible no-call.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, that was the argument you made when someone brought up Sam Darnold as an example of an elite quarterback prospect who crapped out. You dismissed him because he was taken after Mayfield.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't care about the 2024 draft right now, Pickett will be alright, I'm not sure anybody is expecting him to be great anyway.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know how the refs didn't call a penalty on this hit, but in the Chargers/Dolphins game a player got a penalty for hitting Herbert, that call was a joke.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Some here have said he will be great.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Wrong again. I said Sam darnold wasn't heralded like the guy claimed prior to his draft and it's why he wasn't the no longer consensus can't miss first pick like he was prior to the draft. Young is being surpassed because Caleb Williams is better. Not because young played alot worse then he did the yr prior and thus dropped. Darnold didn't drop because baker was just better than him. He dropped because he didn't play good his last yr. That's the difference. Darnold is comparable to cj stroud in this draft. A guy whos dropped off due to play. Not because another player is just better. Nice try though.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I wasn't wrong. The next time you manage to prove me wrong will still be the first.

As I said, you dismissed a quarterback taken No. 3 overall as if he wasn't an elite prospect. Your logic for that dismissal is irrelevant. I represented your dismissal of him accurately, so it was absolutely fair for me to raise him as an example of you blowing off a guy who wasn't the top guy.

I didn't try. I succeeded. You just needed more help to realize it.

17. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Name one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    you didn’t because I didn’t dismiss him for being taken where he was taken. I did for the reasons he got to where he was taken. Two different things which you can’t wrap your head around. Being taken 3rd in one draft vs another aren’t equivalent as every draft has different dynamics. Like example trubisky I believe was taken 3rd but he was no where near an elite prospect and many killed the pick prior to him ever playing in the nfl. It’s a difference. Idk how a English “master” doesn’t understand context lol.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I understand the context just fine. He was still an elite prospect taken No. 3 overall, and some thought he should have gone first. I've got my head wrapped around the argument just fine. You are trying to muddy the waters and make him out to be a lesser prospect than he was after the fact to justify your poorly-conceived argument. It isn't that I'm missing your premise. It is that I'm correctly dismissing it as nonsense.

20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    losses to CLE, BAL, and LV very possible.

50/50 except Baltimore, may be 5 or 6 point dogs....we will see...

and who knows, we suck so bad that CAR may whoop us Sunday

• Agree Agree x 2