1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

General 2021 nfl draft thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mcam, Apr 29, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I kinda agree. Only kinda because he is going 2 the Qb he had his least favorable year with.
    That has 2 be on his mind.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with the CB ...you can never have 2 many.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The crazy part is ....before he even played here. I figured they would sign him ....after...we were done with him. LoL
    Isn't that their MO?

4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Isn't this the same argument people are making for Harris? There are OL to be taken later.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It is a similar argument, though I think the situations are a bit different.

The Bengals at least have a couple of competent starters at receiver. They have Boyd and Higgins. Their offensive line is a mess. Only four teams allowed more sacks in 2020. Sure, they can certainly use another target, especially with Green gone, but it wasn't as big of a need as a receiver.

The Steelers have problems on the offensive line, but they also do not have a running back who is even a capable starter. That leads us to the other difference, which is value at the position. If you look at any ranking out there, Chase and Sewell are comparable values, both easily worth a top-five pick. I think Harris was a better value than the linemen on the board at 24. I think that makes him at least a viable choice there. I've said all along that I'm not sure I like the Steelers' pick, but they got a good value.

Of course, the two situations connect because the Bengals will most likely get a better tackle early in the second round because the Steelers passed on them.

I've been thinking more about the history of Steelers' picks leaking like this. I am wondering if the Steelers are just good at seeing how the first-round will fall, so they leak their fall-back guy so it looks better if they choose not to trade up for the player they really want.

In this case, if they had passed on Darrisaw, I would have had a much bigger problem with them taking Harris, but the Vikings didn't give them that option.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The arguements don't make a lot of sense.

There was better value at pick 24....Jenkins...JOK...COSMI..... none of them will last till 55

Butn they like Harris and he also would not make it to 55... and the other RB was taken

Yet not one more OL or LB was taken in rd 1 after the Steelers picked

HACK

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Bengals passed on the best LT in the draft to take a WR :facepalm:.

8. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    The best WR in the draft.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Best LT>best WR

10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Day 3-

With so many other needs, and the historic run on OT's already, I don't see them getting one. Which, considering this draft, is unreal.

I fully expect a cb drafted. At least one LB. Could use developmental guys inside and off the edge. A developmental DE, we don't have much there at all.

Possibly even a WR, considering JuJu is on a one year deal. Hell, even S depth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Chiefs showed how to fix your OL in one offseason. Spoiler alert: it wasn't by drafting a RB in the first round.

12. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If they played their cards differently they could've drafted:

Tevin Jenkins RT
    Sam Cosmi LT
    Quinn Meinerz C

OL FIXED!

13. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011

They drafted a first round RB last year.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Cleveland, San Francisco, Atlanta, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Kansas City were all big winners for me personally. Indy, Miami, Cincinnati, Denver and of course Los Vegas were among the biggest losers.

That said, this is just merely basing it on face value. Who knows what these classes will look like three seasons from now. Patience is required here.