1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones, part 2??

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by steel machine, Jun 1, 2022.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Ahh, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Prty good episode, not sure why they filmed it in such poor lighting though ...... Cuious what the king will think abt the shenanigans;):hmm: ...... also how many seasons will be filmed. I never read the books but the possibilities are endless ..IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Good question. For the story they're doing at the pace they're going, 2 seasons and they could wrap it up. But I wonder if they'll slow the pace a bit or do they plan to keep going after the Dance is over.

4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Completely agree about the lighting, it was beginning to annoy the sh!t out of me. Otherwise, good episode though. They really do a good job of making you waver on which characters to back. They've all got their own set of issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Also, didn't read the books so there's that.

6. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I wonder if it was the same director who did the Long Night episode of GoT. :facepalm::roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Right?

8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    You can't make this up. I just looked it up.

It IS the same guy. Michael Sapochnik. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    That's awesome

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I can understand that to a point. However, in this instance the valerian(sp?) people are described as predominantly or mostly fair skinned. That doesn’t mean they all are fair skinned.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is very correct....it's just any that I have read about have been....So I just expect it. This is nothing more than just wanting My characters to remain like I have enjoyed them for many years. Its not like these books don't have almost every race in them.. I promise if they changed the others.....I would be equally upset. Really that's all. No ulterior motive. I'm just as pissed when a native American is not a native American, Italian is not an Italian, Asian is not Asian, and so forth.
    I just feel with all the Actors, and Actress in the world why change something. If someone wants a certain type of person in the role....then pick a different story. I know I have read many, and Loved many with every race ,and color of people.

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Apparently Martin thought about making them dark skinned and the possibilities that would allow. Although, when he mentioned thinking about doing so it was well after the book had been published.

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmm. That I didn't know.

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I have seen some of the families represented in this series, but not the Lannister's.. Have i missed them some where, or where they not around back when this takes place

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I liked the lighting! :help::blush:

Truly- it looked really good on my TV, and I almost mentioned it earlier. The visual of the moonlight throughout added to the tone of the scene, and might have honestly been groundbreaking use of CGI on television. I'll show myself out.:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They have been represented.....remember the twins...

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

No, I had to go back and google it, i remember now

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I thought that was the guy who the king was originally trying to marry the princess off to.

And, when did the hand become the hand again? Did I miss the Hand-Replacement's death?

Oh yeah. I completely hated the black lighting of the last episode. I may need to rewatch the episode on my computer too see if my monitor can do any better other than to show me a dark screen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    You might have not realized it. The former Hand was Harwin Strong's (Rhaenyra's baby daddy) father. They both died in the fire. That's why Otto is back.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dang ....I shouldn't have read this.... LoL. I'm still waiting on the season to finish. How many more episodes???

21. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    3 more.

You're an avid book reader and ASOIAF fan. You didn't read "The Rogue Prince," "The Princess and the Queen," or "Fire and Blood?" If you did, none of this will really be a spoiler.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't say it was a spoiler....:shrug:.
    I simply said I shouldn't have read this.....I don't believe in spoilers. If I don't want to read , or hear something...then don't. I'm the one who read it. No I refuse to read anything more until He finishes what He started. I have read Game of Thrones- A Dance With Dragons more than once, and some of the books 5 times. I read all the books over as they came out. I've only read Dance twice, and I started these way way before I ever even heard of a show.
    I've read other stuff By GRRM ...like Nightflyers, and Fevre Dreams, but I refuse to read anything about ASOIAF until He finishes. He's not the only one....Clive Barker has done the same....His Books of the Art Trilogy....I've been waiting since about 1994 for the 3rd book.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am thinking the Winds of Winter may be a book that gets finished by his family; a posthumous novel.

I had my hopes up when this came out during Covid.
    https://www.thewrap.com/george-rr-m...-coronavirus-self-quarantine-game-of-thrones/
    I am off by myself in a remote isolated location, attended by one of my staff, and I’m not going in to town or seeing anyone. Truth be told, I am spending more time in Westeros than in the real world, writing every day

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He was tricking us. LoL.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Prty good episode, but got I kinda lost at the end, What was the king talking abt to the queen at the end? something abt prince Ergon and a prophecy?