1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

First Heinz Experience

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Spock, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    WOW!!! Spent four hours eating at Max's and then walking to the stadium. The ambiance was phenomenal. Sooo many jerseys with #7 leading the way. Tailgating everywhere. Having locals describe and show me North Side, the Steelers walk of fame, and the Immaculate reception monument. The fans were awesome. The game was great. Well coached for the most part. The fans creating a defensive stop at a critical time late in the game with NOISE! WOW!

• Like Like x 7
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I was born and raised there and left in 1973. I went back a few years ago to see PNC and Heinz Field. The new Hockey arena was being built at the time. I was taken back how awesome things were. The Walk of Fame was something I really took pride in. Such a great sports atmosphere walking over the Clemente bridge. I grew up there in the Steel Mill heyday and was happy to see the odor was long gone:)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I tell even non-Steeler sports fans, "You have to experience downtown Pgh on a game day at least once or you haven't lived."

4. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Sounds like you had a blast! love it !

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You picked a great game for sure

7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I love that bit. The wife and I always use that "you here four owah! Poor John Pinette, RIP.