1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

FIELDS A STEELER

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If Wilson can just perform for another couple of years like he did last season he’s a colossal upgrade over last year’s mess. Fields… I just don’t see it. Better than Pickett, but I’d rather have Rudolph as the #2. I hope he proves me wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Fair point. You know I don't like Fields, either. Then again, I thought they should have kept Pickett and if he really was being that much trouble, tell him to shut up and get to work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    I agree. It certainly appears that Khan won't stick with something that's rotting.

4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Tomlin is about a canned as you get. The man is going to speak politically correct at all times. Press conferences are actually a waste of time. He's not going to tell anyone much of anything actually of some subsistence, which is part of what makes him a good coach.

All the Pickett talk was just that. That and anytime there's a talk of 'competition'.

The same talk will continue as reporters attempt to pry the truth out of him with continued dumb questions. Anyone that doubts, just listen to the press conferences coming. It will be the exact same thing.. Imo

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree that Rudolph would have been a better option at No. 2, but I'm not sure Fields is better than Pickett. Every complaint we've heard about Pickett not reading defenses well enough can be made about Fields, but worse. Pickett takes care of the ball. Fields does not. Pickett steps up when the team needs a drive or a big play late. Fields falls apart late in games. Fields also had two good games last season. In his other 11 starts, he threw eight touchdown passes and eight interceptions.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes

The single most important statistic

Play to win

Don’t play to not lose

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They could easily double the nine interceptions thrown by Steelers' quarterbacks in 2023, especially if Fields gets to play a lot.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Do you, in your heart of heart, believe the offense "might be worse" than last year?

think about it... steelers were 28th in the league in points scored last year including all the points their defense scored. Are you saying, as of today, you actually think they may be worst than 28th in the league next season?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Anyone choosing to look at one part of the picture and ignore the rest is choosing to be wrong.

10. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    So you would rather have less interceptions than more points? That's your strategy for a football offense?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If they do nothing else, the line is worse and the receiving corps is much worse. Wilson rebounded a little last year, but he is in decline, and I think Rudolph and Pickett are both better options for 2024 than Fields. I'm hoping they aren't done, but right now, they have problems.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I would rather look at the full picture than lie to myself.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have concerns about what they have done this offseason, but once the games start, I'm going to be rooting for Wilson and/or Fields.

14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, IMO debating whether Fields or Pickett would be the better backup is like debating whether Bonanza or Ponderosa had better steaks. I’ll leave that to others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Im read the JJ trade too. Don’t make my heart skip dude. That would be crazy exciting, but possible too. He’d be wasted in the current Vikings.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The problem is Pickett didn't have the attitude of agreeing he should shut up and get to work.

Instead he chose to whine like an entitled little beotch. Then he got the complimentary boot out the door like he deserved

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    All of us look at the full picture. Some put more weight on points scored vs. less interceptions when assessing performance.

I also looked at Kenny's tiny hands as a factor in my assessment. hows that for considering everything? :)

18. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    In my neck of the woods it's no debate. Longhorn Steakhouse for quality, ambience and price!:smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Wish there was a clip of Seinfeld saying he’s got little girly hands

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You have no idea if he whined. You don't know what he said at all. You know there are reports that he asked for a trade, which are likely true, but that doesn't come close to the characterization you offered up here.

Why anybody is trusting the leaks coming from the Steelers is beyond me. They lied about the quarterback situation. You know they did. Everybody knows they did. Why are their attempts to make Pickett the bad guy trustworthy now?

I've got a better question. You have one drive with the game on the line. Who do you trust, Pickett or Fields? Now try answering that question again, but do it honestly.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I asked another poster this question. I thought I should put it to you as well.

You have one drive with the game on the line. Who do you trust, Pickett or Fields?

22. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Do they have you go through a cafeteria style line and sit down with a plastic tray and a number placard? Do you get Texas Toast? Then it’s not a steak!

23. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    There was the episode where his date had "man hands".

24. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Hell yes it is.
    That's Ryan's

25. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    Not even close.