1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Feels like a Playoff loss.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m so disappointed.

Steelers gave the game away.

Feels like one of those crappy Playoff losses where Steelers were just out tricked.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    It sucked for sure, but we definitely had to lose. Team needs a wake up call, season is almost over

3. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I know that people say that every loss has a number of plays that could have changed the outcome had they been different. But looking at this game, look at all of these:

- If Boz wasn't hurt, I'm sure we kick that FG.
    - If TJ doesn't hold, we stop them on 4th down.
    - If we score instead of letting them get the goal line stand.
    - If TJ falls on the fumble instead of trying to scoop and run.
    - If we catch even half of the drops.
    - If Spillane doesn't get hurt, the D communication remains intact and is more effective.

A dash of bad luck, mixed with questionable play calling, combined with terrible execution = loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Spillane was huge, they started moving the ball at will after that.

Agree though, any number of those could have led to a win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Forgot about the REf's extremely bad calls. I'm not usually one for blaming the Ref's but this crew was a special kind of stupid. The call that led to the field goal was absolutely a game changer. It changed the momentum of the game. Instead of a team getting shut out they got on the board going into the second half getting the ball with momentum. Then there's the fair catch call that even though we recovered the ball it still should have had a completely different outcome.

And lets not just assume the kicker was the reason we didn't go for field goals. Tomlin has been going for it on 4th down alot lately and coming up short.

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not mad because I expected it. I was more made about barely beating the Ravens practice squad. Washington have a great d-line and defense. Writing was on the wall. Everyone saw this coming except the people in charge with the Steelers apparently.

7. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    you are not happy? I think how they respond in the game this week will show where expectations should be

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This guy needs to use his finger tips for ball control instead of this nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Because he's a Clown! Can't run the ball AT ALL...But constantly wants to go for it on 4th and short lol... Boy, He shows how tough he is!

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Fire re-lit ?

Unacceptable

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not even close, the game didn't mean anything. Now, when it is playoff time that is when you can be disappointed.