1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Etienne or Harris?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by strummerfan, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Sorry, but I don'buy that at all. Should I go through the list of potential hall of fame RB's that were the same size as or smaller than Etienne? I really don't want to because it will take so long.

Barkley is bigger and much more athletic and he's missed 35% of his games in his first 3 seasons. And he's Superman. Nick Chubb is a lightning fast bulldozer. He's has multiple knee injuries and missed 1/4 of last season on IR. Just because Travis happened to get injured doesn't mean that the Steelers unequivocally made the absolute right choice. That's absurd. It's largely based on luck. Bo Jackson was the best athlete I've ever seen or heard about. Weighed the same as Harris. You know how it ended. Bo couldn't stay healthy. Just on our own team, Mendenhall was 225+ and chiseled, took one hit and broke his shoulder off. I'm sure AQL will have 100 reasons why my arguments are misleading,weak and irrelevant, and, believe me, I look forward to them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I Look forward 2 them also. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't want to judge him against HOF players because at that level you're dealing with a lot of physical freaks and the best of the best all time (though we can certainly say, the list of bigger backs is longer than smaller ones).

When you look at the whole of the league, the bigger backs have proven to generally be more durable and have longer careers. There are always exceptions, but for every freak injury like Bo Jackson or Rashard Mendenhall, you have a bunch of small backs who get torn up the first few years and either fall out of the league or see their role in the offense diminish.

• Agree Agree x 2