1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Etienne or Harris?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by strummerfan, Mar 19, 2021.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Round 1 pick 24 and both are available

Etienne 5’10” 210 4.38 40 time

Harris 6’2” 230 4.45 40 time

I would go with Harris. He’s a bruiser. He’s actually quite eleuaive for a man his size. Additionally he’s got pretty solid hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't believe we will draft either unless their around still in the 2nd. We are Drafting Defense in the 1st, but I'll play. It's a hard question, both are pretty great in their own way.
    I'll have 2 agree with you.. Harris, but not by much.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd be happy with either of them or several other ones in this draft. There is some good rbs in this draft. I like the guys we have as well. Block and all these guys can get it done. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  4. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Etienne may be able to do more with a bad O Line, but if we can fix it in the draft (LT and C), I like Harris a bit better. He fits the old school Steelers style of running.

Ultimately, I would be happy with either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Are you that Steelers Stormtrooper, or is it just a pic you found?

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Etienne is likely the pick should he fall that far in the draft. He has placed himself into Top 20 discussion in my opinion. Still not a Top 5 Pick but Top 20 is not bad either.

Etienne would fit hand and glove to what Matt Canada would want in the Pistol Offense.... or whatever variation he elects to use with it. Either way, none of that will matter if the Offensive Tackles are not athletic enough to move in space.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Harris 6' 2 " 232 with improved OL we are back to our identity of playing physical football
    and running more than passing. We should literally take the ball out of stronger teams hands. TOP would/should be a big Steeler goal next year until we can get team in place with other contenders.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think we are trying to invent the wheel or go back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust. a year more developed by our wr group and just improve the line and run game to a respectable level and the offense could be good. defense loses a few players but a year older for a couple of others should also be an improvement in those area's. carlos has to step up and in and the slot has to be worked on in the nickel. will sutton move there? will pierre, williams, layne move outside? will sutton man the outside and one of the other move to the slot? will a draft pick move in? the last one is more doubtful but you never know. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It would help a ton if Layne developed into what they envisioned when they drafted him. I’m pretty sure Sutton will move outside and play the slot in specific situations. It will be interesting to see what the Steelers can get in return for Nelson. He’s a very good corner. Not a #1, but a very good #2. Colbert has never been one to get fleeced so Nelson’s trade request might be a blessing in disguise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Harris

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Personally, I would go Gainwell in the second. But given the above options, I take Harris. Think our first three picks are LB, RB, OL in some order or another.

• Like Like x 1
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

But if teams know we are willing to cut him, why would a team give up a pick, or player for him ?

13. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Because they would guarantee themselves of getting Nelson and not fighting for him as a FA.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Other than FWP (who was a relative unknown), I don't recall the Steelers having much sustained success with speedy scat backs who excelled at the College levels. Bell was a hybrid who dumped a lot of bruiser weight to enhance his shiftiness once in the NFL but he also lost his stamina in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers need a physical RB who can pick up those tough short yards, that's why I prefer Harris or Williams over Etienne.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    I decided I didn't want to do it anymore when that kylo wren guy took over things.

I sell insurance now. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. kakhatesmortgages66

Apr 16, 2020
    Im actually hoping we go: LT and C with the first 2 picks, then try to fix some holes on D with the next 2 pics, NT, ILB, and now it looks like CB.

And with that 2nd 4th round pic, hopefully Trey Sermon or Rhamondre Stevenson would be there. I cant decide which one of those 2 I like better.

And wait until next year to bring in the QB, since we'll have some extra draft pics to maybe trade up.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I like Harris more and he is what I hope for, but Etienne may very well be a better schematical choice.

I really like Carter out of UNC as well but he's more of a day 2 option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe anyone of these will improve our run offense,
    but there has to be a collective change in how our OL are taught
    and their aggressiveness to want to run block. Lets get back to intimidating play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think Etienne has the chance to be a perennial All Pro type player, and may end up being one of, if not the best players in this draft. He would be my choice between the two.

I actually would steer clear of Harris. His running style is very straight up and down. Very much like James Conner's running style in a way. For a big back, he is slippery, so I will give him that. I do worry that his running style may lead to ball security issues and injuries at the next level.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
  22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I like both guys but you don't use 1st rd picks on running backs. It's almost never a solid investment.

There are so many talented RB's out there, but without an Oline they are worthless.

Build up the Oline. It's not rocket science.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    I do not think Etienne is round 1 worthy, consensus opinion notwithstanding. He is not big enough or explosive enough. Second round is find. We will see about Najee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    That’s a fair assessment of Harris really. Idk about ball security, but he runs a lot like Bell. High, but still with power enough, he’s not overly fast so no breakaway speed but would thrive if he can rip off 10-15 yard zone runs.... I like Etienne a lot but would be fine with Harris.

25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Which is why we sent Shaun Sarrett packing. He didn't have what it takes. He must not have been paying attention to what Munch was teaching.

I'm still a little annoyed on why we shifted Feiler away from RT and then let him walk away completely. But Dotson as a permanent starter should pay dividends in the run game. Now if we somehow can land Center Landon Dickerson in Round 2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1