1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eric Bieniemy for Head Coach

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Benny Lava, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Yes, I know Tomlin is Head Coach of the Steelers for life, but why shouldn't an offensive genius like Eric Bieniemy be a head coach in the NFL? The second half he called last night was pure magic...the guy needs to be a Head Coach in the NFL. If we could swap Tomlin for Bieniemy (yes, I know it will never happen) I would do it in a heartbeat.

2. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Do you honestly believe that Eric Bieniemy called 2nd half plays last night let alone calls plays at all? That offensive genius you speak of is Andy Reid. Matt Nagy was the so called "OC" for the Chiefs prior to leaving for the Bears HC Position and he was a terrible coach and playcaller for the Bears...ask any Bears fan. Andy Reid is the mastermind and Bieniemy is riding on his coattails. He needs to be the actual play caller somewhere else and get out from under Reids shadow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    Do you know this for a fact? Why is Reid heaping praise on Eric and saying he deserves a HC job?

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35652561/andy-reid-hopes-eric-bieniemy-leaves-run-show-elsewhere

4. RipTydz

Sep 19, 2022
    It has been stated on all the different sports news channels and well known that Andy calls the plays. Andy is going to talk up his guys...that's normal banter. It's kinda like Mike Tomlin calls the defense plays or has his hands really deep into defensive play calling for the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    So your official position is that Eric is nothing but a clipboard holder and that Reid is doing all of the OC work himself?

6. RipTydz

Sep 19, 2022
    I'm sure Bieniemy has his hands in creation and designing plays with Reid but it's been well known that Andy calls the plays. I'm also not saying Bieniemy is going to be Matt Nagy but I think he needs to get out and actually be the offensive coordinator and call plays under a different head coach for his sake.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Andy Reid is riding Mahomes coattails, just as every other coach has ridden the coattails of every great QB.

9. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    who rode Trent Dilfer's coattails?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Why what has he done other than coach under Reid and have Mahomes and Kielce as Weapons?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Looks like he took Commanders position.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t understand why this guy is not a head coach. Are there concerns about him that I’m not aware of?

14. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    Good for him. Eric does good as OC for Commanders, Rivera is a defense person, it will be Eric's offense to run and shine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    Probably concerns it's Andy Reid's offense. That's why it's a good move that he is going to Commanders. He also gets the title of assistant head coach.

Me thinks Lava is just trying to stir things up.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/stephan-a-smith-eric-bieniemy-andy-reid/

Andy Reid has cost Eric Bieniemy a head coaching job in the National Football League,” Smith declared this week.

“Even though you’re the head, you don’t have to call plays, you chose to. Andy Reid not only called some plays, he made sure we knew he called plays. The NFL community knew he called plays.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Interesting. I also read that he apparently interviews poorly and there are concerns about some decades old incidents about bar fights, DUIs and assaults. At any rate, I think he deserves a shot. I’ve interviewed a lot of people over the years who interviewed well but absolutely sucked when it came to putting in the work. I’d take Bienemy as OC any day over Mr. Saturday!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Have You watched a KC game???
    Even their fans know who is calling the plays.
    This is not saying EB won't be good....I promise, but How can one tell how good He actually is when Andy Reid is the one actually designing, and calling the plays???
    Hell Reid is even the one who goes , and sits with Patrick Mahomes a lot of times when the D is on the field.
    That's IMO is why people aren't sure of EB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    True, and that’s why the move to Washington will be good for Bienemy. But didn’t Reid call the plays when Nagy was there too and it didn’t prevent him from getting a HC job. In retrospect, it probably should’ve but didn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly.
    That very thing with Nagy is another reason people are looking closer now. Nagy has helped EB not get a HC job. I guarantee If EB does Well in Washington.....He will get one(HC job)....probably many offers.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    You kinda know with Reid and Arians who is calling the shots. It did take Mahomes and Brady to get them their SBs though like Ben helped Cowher and Tomlin. All future HOF QBs.

Andy Reid

[​IMG]

Bruce Arians

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    Andy Reid on Nagy before Bears hired him as HC. I respect that Reid believes in the people that work for him and does his best to help them in his careers. If only more people where like him.

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-b...he-best-coaching-candidate-hes-had-113400692/

Matt Nagy is the newest head coach of the Chicago Bears and earned impressive praise from Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid.

NFL.com's Adam Caplan recorded a podcast back in mid-November and spoke of Nagy as a sleeper head-coaching candidate.

"Andy Reid told me that Matt Nagy is the best head-coaching candidate he's ever had," Caplan said. "He told me that at the owner's meetings. I just happened to ask him who some candidates are on his roster of coaches and he loves Matt Nagy, who he had in Philly."

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why is this good for Eric? Why leave a stable team/owner like Kansas City for a team with basically no owner for the exact same position? The 1st thing the new owners will do is Fire the entire coaching Staff. It is what new owners do because there is no such thing as a dead cap penalty against the coaching staff.

Offensive Coordinator for the Chiefs for the last 5 years, you would think his next job would be Head coach; unless he an Mahomes had a problem and one of them had to go.

Was Eric Bienemy push out , so Matt Nagy can take over in Kansas City?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
  23. SteelersFan369

Oct 31, 2022
    He's also Assistant HC so it wasn't a lateral move. I also thought it was lateral until Assistant title to go with it.

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s good for him because he can get out of Reid’s shadow. If Reid is running the offense, nobody knows what Bienemy can really do without him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We will soon find out, Who is their QB going to be?