1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dropping stud players

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So, looking for opinions here. I’m in another league that I run and someone who is 3-4 dropped Dalvin Cook for Evan Engram.

I’ve never seen such a high profile player get dropped before, haven’t been playing FF that long, only my fourth season. Have you guys experienced that and how would you handle it? Is there anything to handle? People can cut who they want, technically.

I just think it will piss a lot of people off, rubbed me the wrong way for sure. Would be easy enough to find a trade partner.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I've seen other players drop a good player in leagues I play in. If they drop them, no reason not to pick them up if you want. The waiver wire is open to everyone for a reason. But based on waiver order, someone else with a lower record may get them anyway.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    In our message board league, someone dropped Baker Mayfield.... I'll show myself out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I would worry if it was a trade to a contending team, that smells fishy. What SteelinOhio said for a cut.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Trade at least you are giving something up and can veto any lopsided deals.

Who knows why this guy did this, dumb. He picked up Engram, he could have traded for much better TE’s. Maybe he thinks he’s hurt worse then they are letting on, groin injuries can be tricky but even then, why not try and flip him for someone.

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I've seen a few players try to stack one guy's team in league play thru trades. It was a money league, so gotta expect things of that nature.
    I like to look at the "playoff weeks" & scoop up early whoever is playing teams with lousy defense. Whoever is playing the Browns has been a gold mine for years. Can't forget about the stars that likely will sit the last week.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    IMO, the league settings should have a player like Dalvin Cook on the "can't cut" list

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Most leagues do have a no cut list. Those players rarely come off the list unless they're scheduled to be out more than 4 games.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ah, did not know that! Have to see if CBS has that feature :hi:

10. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Right....it should be by default, no idea why it wouldn’t be. I know any league I’ve ever done has always had one pre-determined

11. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    No biggie... Just tell them to enjoy last place

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Almost gave the guy in last place that picked him up a championship. Had Henry and Cook after that.

13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

That is definitely a coordinated move

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Blast I have a couple of guys at work who do a money keeper league where they go full in on it. They trade draft picks for players, draft position and everything. One of the guys is a lions fan and he gives up by week 3 and then starts wheeling and dealing. At one point he had AB and OBJ and was looking to trade them for a 1st rd pick. No other reason than he likes to play GM. It's crazy.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    For some that’s more fun than the actual games. Do they have a voting system on trades or a committee decides?

16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think they do a simple vote where if there is a no vote they don't trade. I don't think there are many trades that don't go through since a couple of the guys participate but pay very little attention. Which for a money league with some nice pay outs seems like throwing money away.

17. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    147E33CE-1053-4776-8205-EA137AE3D277.jpeg Not about dropping stud players but I’m in a league with friends that’s pretty competitive, nobody running away with it. Two of the guys have just done the trade above, the guy trading away Mcaffery and Kittle is bottom and almost out of the playoff running. I think this is kind of lousy on the guys that are still trying to win tbh

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have Dalvin Cook on my team....he hasn't been amazing and he was injured for a game or two...BUT I am not dropping him so that someone else can have him. That makes no sense.