1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't look now but your Pittsburgh Steelers are 3-3

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 18, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you mean the one that hit Adams in the helmet? That looked like Johnson stopped his route and Roethlisberger expected him to keep going. Either way, I'm more concerned by the lack of throws downfield over the middle. Failing to make opponents defend a huge chunk of the field simply makes things too easy on them.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Gotcha. We’ll see how they respond to this loss but I think they are probably legit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They were less than the sum of their parts last season. I'm not sure that has changed, but Herbert could certainly carve up the Steelers.

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Because when there is miscommunication most of the time Diontae or Claypool screw up their routes.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Chubb is out this week, but I think he will play against the Steelers. They did just put Hunt and Osuwu-Koramoah on IR today, so they will not play Week 7.

Mayfield's shoulder is bad. There was even a chance that he might need surgery, which could end his season even though it is his left arm. Playing him on a short week Thursday night would be idiotic, but I can understand some level of desperation. They are hurting up front. They will be missing their top two running backs and the defense was playing poorly even before losing their outstanding rookie linebacker.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Different play. The one a few weeks ago I think Ben just never saw the defender coming across the middle, stepped right in front of the pass but the one in the last game, there wasn’t a WR within 3 yards of defender, Ben threw it directly to him.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, any given Sunday but the Ravens have looked miles better than the Steelers. The Steelers have been losing or a squeaking by for 12 games now. They have also only scored over 30 points once in 14 games, thats almost a whole season. Ravens have gone over 30 twice this year, Chargers scored 47.

I get it, we don’t see eye to eye on the team but man, I just don’t see how anyone watches this and thinks they are playing good ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You misunderstand Me. I don't think We are great, but I think We are getting better offensively, and Hopefully the D will not give up 2 many 3 scoring drives in a row many times this season.
    I just see teams struggle against teams people think they should blowout every week. For instance last night. Everyone thought Buffalo was going 2 blow out Tennessee last night since Tennessee lost 2 the lowly Jets just 2 weeks ago. This is the NFL. I watched a team last Year get gut punched by a team last year not once , but twice where they couldn't barely score against them...only 2 go on and win a SB. It the NFL. Almost none of the times the team at this part of the Year everyone picks 2 go 2 the SB goes.

• Like Like x 2
  11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not so much about the result. It's not even really about the execution from game to game. It's more about seeing what this team is and what it likely will be moving forward. We banged out a bunch of wins last season, but I think most of us knew there were problems and we weren't a true contender. The same problems we saw last year are still present this year, and there's no signs of it being fixed.

So yes, a W is a W. They all count the same in the standings. But based on what we know about this team, are we likely to have any kind of meaningful playoff run this year? I think it's a coin flip whether we even make the playoffs. Ben is not doing this team any favours by being in shotgun for every play. He needs to be under center far more often.

• Like Like x 2
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So is Kc ,Clev and a few other teams:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I agree, we played well during the first half on Sunday, then began to struggle in the second half. Seems as if Seattle adjusted to our tendencies on offense in the second half.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Bumped so he can change it to 4-3 later today!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    @steelersrule6 has been doing this thread after a win for a couple years now. It’s fun and yes we should be happy about winning a game. You’re a miserable person so I could see where anyone enjoying themselves being a problem for you.

• Like Like x 3