1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Does AB get punt return duties back?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Dec 6, 2015.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My bad I missed the AB part...I have no problem with him fielding punts...IMO a greater chance of getting hurt playing WR than returning punts ...When playing WR he has to depend on the QB to help protect him, as a punt returner he can protect himself .He has the ability to fair catch ,he can run out of bounds , he can just dive on the ground, he can slide , you get the point ...The biggest key is there is no real blind side and very little threat of getting hit from behind...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah if AB is gonna get hit from behind it will probably just be from Wheaton. LOL!

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I think it's very unwise to have AB return punts.. .. Seems like another dumb choice of Tomlins IMO

4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think we're we are now in the schedule and what we need to do to get into the playoffs, we need to pull out all stops in all phases and put your best players in who ever that may be. We only have 4 games left in regular season play and we don't want a miffed punt or kickoff to ruin your season. Make the changes next year but now you have to roll the dice and put your best players out there, even on special teams if need be.